Cody Wyoming gunshow report

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Cody Wyoming gunshow report

Post by jnyork »

Saturday I went with some friends to the gunshow at Cody, WY, this was the one put on by the Winchester collectors association.

This is a REAL gunshow. No beanie babies, no beef jerky, no chinese swords, no junk, not even any soldier-of-fortune or survivalist garbage. No black rifles, no AK's. Show was exclusively collectors firearms only, almost all of which were old lever guns. Also some other Winchesters, some Sharps ( real ones), etc. Didnt even see very many handguns. Tons of old guns to drool over, took over two hours just for a quick walkthrough. It is not a show you can do any dealing in without having about 5 grand in your pocket, saw several 8' tables containing over $100,000 in guns, one rifle was $140,000 for starters. :o Also some great displays of gun collections just for looking, not for sale. Did a little parking lot business before we went in, worked out just great. Had lunch at the Irma Hotel, Buffalo Bill's old place, and had a great day.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Re: Cody Wyoming gunshow report

Post by Malamute »

I made it as well. I didnt have as much time as usual to look, but enjoyed it. Said hi to Mike Hunter, and spent $10 on parts between a couple tables. It's always fun to look.

Must have seen several dozen original 76's. The recent post trying to identify the rifle the Indian had made me look at the lever shape of the 76's. The lever is definately more squared on the back end than later model Winchesters.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I see... wait... no I don't... photographically challenged? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted:

Wished I coulda been there.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I went there a few years back, great show and town. Had a few drinks at the Irma each day and soaked in the atmosphere.
"That'll Be The Day"
silverbuzzard
Levergunner 2.0

Post by silverbuzzard »

coming through there October 15th to 19th and then back from Montana in early November
Let me know if another is scheduled then please
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Sorry, silverbuzzard, it's an annual event.
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pathfinder09 »

Sound like my kind of show. I have to try to get there someday.
8)