.32 Winchester Special ammo recommendation?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
nralover
Levergunner 2.0

.32 Winchester Special ammo recommendation?

Post by nralover »

I am aware that my choices are limited, but what is the best choice in factory ammo for my new .32? This will strictly be a whitetail rifle...
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

Things must be better than several years ago. I could find only one brand and, though they shot well, I still sold my only .32 WS. I don't even remember what ammo it was that I finally found.

My favorite was reloads with cast boolits. The boolits were cast by a friend, were a PB with a FN design, and were originally intended for a .32-40 which he owned. When I moved to a new address I decided to sell the rifle. Not my best decision ever. It was a good shooting, re-chambered .310 Martini.

Grace and Peace - and a Happy New Year.
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

There is a Meijer's store near me that has 3 boxes on the shelf. They have been in the "mark down" bin for prolly over 2 years. They are Remingtons, but that is all I know about them. This store is in Hamilton, Ohio if you get this way.
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

I've only owned one 32 WS, but it did like the Remingtons best.
Although the Winchester and Federals didn't shoot bad either.

Byron
jtaylor1960
Levergunner

32 ammo

Post by jtaylor1960 »

If you are using factory loads it is hard to beat Remington with 170gr. Corelokt bullets.If you are loading for your 32 Corelokts are not available.Hornady makes a good 170gr. flatnose.
nralover
Levergunner 2.0

Post by nralover »

Thanks for the replies fellas:)