Info Wanted - Lever action shotguns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
miestro_jerry
Levergunner

Info Wanted - Lever action shotguns

Post by miestro_jerry »

I was wondering if there are any recent, like the last 50 years, lever action 12 gauge shotguns being made or have been made out there.

Jerry
Always lookin' to learn
Always ready to teach

NRA Patron Member
JeffG
Levergunner 1.0

Post by JeffG »

Ithaca model 66, single shot. The lever breaks the action open to breech load. You could call it a repeater, if you carried 4 shells between the fingers of your lever hand and practiced a two-finger extraction/load manuever...a real man could probably hold a couple in his teeth and spit them right into the open chamber...I never got past single shots personally.
There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle

-Albert Einstein
longhair1957
Levergunner 2.0

Post by longhair1957 »

budliteguy
Levergunner 2.0

Lever action shotgun

Post by budliteguy »

I have one of these reproductions, I have not had any problems with mine. Its weighs in at about 8lbs so this helps with the recoil, Its 12ga. 20 inch barrel 39-1/2 inches over all length. It's a cylinder bore choke. It's magzine capacity is 5 in the tube and one in the chamber. The only problem I have with the gun is lowering the hammer down to the safe notch. The hammer does not have much grip space and you have to be careful lowering the hammer, with gloves on it would be impossible to do this safely. I carry mine with the chamber empty, Its a fun gun to shoot, I have tried buckshot and slugs through it with no problems, Its a little rough on the shoulder with those. It was made mainly for Cowboy Action shooting. So if you want something thats different in the shotgun range this is it. Southern Ohio Gun List them on their site. But I think they might have been dicontinued from futher imports to this country.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

also I beleive the Kessler company made a lever action, box magazine fed, shotgun similar in appearance to the old marlinlevermatic rifles, back in th 1950's. been trying to find one, but no luck. all the other lever action shotguns are things of the remote past, except for the repro of the 1887 winchester shown above.
cable
azzhandler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azzhandler »

heres a Kessler
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

your pictures is too small for my old eyes. can you post a bigger one? do you know where i could get a kessler...trying to round out my lever guns collection!
thanks!
cable