FOUND AMMO

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

FOUND AMMO

Post by Rusty »

I just found about 15 boxes of the Federal Target bulk packs at my local Wally World.

Things are looking up.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: FOUND AMMO

Post by mescalero1 »

Not all that wander are lost.
Good on you!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Was in my local one today - none to be found. No .22 LR at all.

I did buy a 100-pack of Federal .20 gauge 7.5 shot though, for Y2K...

Was looking for .380 ACP. Everyone's out, everywhere!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

YK,
If you NEED , ( not want ) .380, let me me know; it will be provided.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

mescalero1 wrote:YK,
mescalero1 -

Thank you, but I'm in good shape. I bought some from rjohns94 a couple months ago. Didn't realize it was in short supply until last week. A buddy bought a .380 ACP pistol half a year ago, and can't feed it. I started looking - all my usual internet haunts are sold out. All the local places too - but did buy the last three boxes for him I found at the last place I hit! :shock:
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

This is a sorry state of affairs!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ours just had some Grey box Winchester 40 gr. .22 Mag HP's for $8 something last week. I checked back, and they were out. However, they had a White box Winchester 45 gr. .22 Mag"Dynapoint" sort-of-HP's for $7 something! The bullets don't look quite as nice, but I'll bet they go 'bang' ok...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Shameful, just shameful.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

Dang it Rusty.

I've been to 4 Wal-Marts and found nothing for 22lr Bulk.

I've got about 4 boxes left, so I'm not sweating it too much. Hopefully when we head up to Alabama I'll come across a few along the way.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Was looking for .380 ACP. Everyone's out, everywhere!
Same around here. I've been wanting an nice little "goes everywhere" 380 (p3at/lcp sized), but if I can't find any ammo for it it's worthless. Been thinking about going with a p64 because I can still get ammo (9x18) for it, but it's not quite "goes everywhere".
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Jr. just went to a different Wally World and they had two boxes of .44 Mag. He has them now.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

mescalero1 wrote:YK,
I believe things are easing up a tiny bit. The feds knew what to do to ease our minds but............don't trust 'em----continue to stock up.

Mescalero1, (first, change your handle to something that is easier to spell :D )

Just a note on the 380's. I had a big pile of mixed factory 380 ammo (several hundred rounds) that I sent my son to play with in his Ruger LCP. He shot 'em ALL up in an hour or two and calls me to ask, "hey, you got anymore?" :evil: These younguns have no sense of thinking for tomorrow.--------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

AFA .380 goes, I seem to recall a thread either here or on the only other board I frequent anymore that NORMALLY .380 is a limited run since it hasn't been as popular as 9mm. The spate of new .380 CCWs coming out combined with a shortage of all calibers has driven the demand through the roof. AND rumor has it that one of the manufacturers (Federal?) may be putting the .380 run on hold to continue running 9mm until the backlog eases.

Most vendors were out of .380 the past two shows I went to and the ones that did were asking from $1-2/rd for what they did have. For that kind of ripoff, my 9Mak cz82 will do juuuuuust fine since I've got more 9Mak than I do .380.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Some of you guys may remember YK posted a pic of my .380.
Because thats a 1911 design/copy/knockoff I can shoot it hotter than a lot of you guys can shoot your straight blowbacks.
So, don't shoot my reloads if you are ever around me, but I have plenty of factory.
I really NEVER thought I would live to see $78.00 a box .380.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Sixgun,
I get that all the time, you should see the looks on people's faces when you tell them in person.
Because I grew up with it, it seems natural to me, but now in my older years; I can see how it is challenging to many.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

mescalero1 wrote:I really NEVER thought I would live to see $78.00 a box .380.

Well, I know a guy with a sweet lil' 380 down here. I'm not too interested. Sellier and Bellot FMJ stuff runs about $100 a box. WHEN they have it. I'm SO ready to get up north for a few weeks. I need a break. :) Too bad it's in the middle of an ammo run/shortage.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
shawn45
Levergunner

Post by shawn45 »

I bought a box of Federal 22 bulk at the Walmart in waco for 13.88 a box only problem there was only one box left and the boys shot it up this weekend.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

I was in my local Walmart Friday, no bulk .22 at all on the shelf. I did score 4 bricks of the Winchester Expert bulk packs a couple of weeks ago. Figure I've got enough on hand now to shoot a hundred rounds a month (and that don't go far) for about 15yrs. :wink: :D

As far as the .380 ammo, its hard to get but can be found. I bought a LCP a couple of months ago and at that time found only one box of Mag Tech hardball($25 a box). Since then I"ve been able to buy one more box of that, 200rds of Priv--something or other (Imported but seems to shoot well $14.99 a Box), 300rds of Winchester White Box from Walmart(100rd bulk packs @ $34 a box, and one box of Hornady Critical Defense($22.97).
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

ceb wrote:200rds of Priv--something or other (Imported but seems to shoot well $14.99 a Box)
Prvi Partizan, made in Serbia. Excellent ammo for the price IMO and also sold under the "Hotshot" brand name.

I've used their .22H, .303 Brit and 6.5 Swede off the top of my head. None of it is match grade but I would have no problem hunting with it. For the price I get reusable brass and enjoyable trigger time where I don't have to worry about the quality of the ammo affecting my groups. The loose nut behind the trigger is another issue though... :roll:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

The smaller calibers (.32 ACP, .380 ACP) are not available because they are defensive rounds that are not commonly shot for plinking or target practice. Therfore, they have a relatively low sales velocity. With the run on ammo, it just doesn't make sense to prioritize a caliber for production that doesn't move anywhere near as many boxes as 9mm and 45 ACP.

That's all there is to the shortage.

It will come back when the demand for all ammo drops back to pre-obamination election levels.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I agree, but it is hard to be patient.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

You guys that are short on ammo should have gone out the morning after the November 4, 2008 election and bought everything you thought you would need for the next two to four years--factory loaded ammo, reloading components, etc.. If you didn't and you're short on ammo, you got nobody to blame but yourselves.

Just my .02¢
ED
Yer never too old
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I am not short of anything, it is just wierd to go into a gun store and see empty shelves.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I was looking for 45-70 at BassPro and they didn't know when they would get it. Most of their shelves have been bare. I went on line to their website and bought three boxes of leverevolution 45-70 and three boxes of .357. Had them delivered in about 4-5 days. The 45-70 was $29 a box, (20) and $21 for the .357 (50).
They also had ball ammo for .380 for about $16, I think.
I looked at Cabelas and they also seem to have ammo if you order online. Some will say unavailable if they don't have it. Hope this helps some out that don't reload.