Mossberg 464 - pics with Skinner Sights

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
handyrandyrc
Levergunner 2.0

Mossberg 464 - pics with Skinner Sights

Post by handyrandyrc »

I'm loving the 464, if it weren't for so many teething problems (broken extractor 3x, screw 1x) it would be perfect for me. To Mossberg's credit, they have always sent out free replacement parts, no questions asked.Thanks to Dr. Tim Skinner for the beautiful sight. The lighting was great this evening, so I took a few photos.

The opposite side. I've done a little smoothing of the loading gate and internal rails, just taking any sharp edges off.

A full body shot. 6 and a half pounds.

I bought this neat little grub screws from Junior Doughty. They fill the 6-48 holes, and have a nice hex head rather than a slot. They're also much harder than the factory originals, and don't strip.

I was able to keep the factory front sight in place. However, I needed to put Dr. Skinner's sight as LOW as it could possibly go to sight in. I am dead on at 25 yards, and a hair high at 50, so I'll call that decent enough for now.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Mossberg 464 - pics with Skinner Sights

Post by pokey »

nice report, but what happened to the pics/just says image, but no image.

never mind they are there now?
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

That looks good, I think I will get one for my Puma 92 bolt, where the safety use to be. I have a set of his sights on my Marlin 1894CB they have got to be the best deal going for quality sights!
Good to see you sticking with the Mossberg, I'm still waiting for the .22 lr version to come out, I hope the bugs will be worked out this time around.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Looks like a well made gun that does. Nice peep too.
If you get some glare Uncle Mike use to do a matt black pen for sights. I use to use some stove black paint on mine.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
handyrandyrc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by handyrandyrc »

Thanks for the tip on the sights -- I didn't know that painting the sights matte would help! I guess that does make sense.