Can you believe it, not a lever one!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Can you believe it, not a lever one!

Post by rangerider7 »

"That'll Be The Day"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Can you believe it, not a lever one!

Post by J Miller »

You know, a rack of long guns without lever guns is just ........ wrong.

Looks like some of the gun shops here in IL. Shottys and front stuffers.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

It looks like what you would find in a lot of English gun shops :oops: They would even quarantine the pump action on it's own table like that too :roll:

I tend to search out candy stores with a bit more variety :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

I like double barrel shotguns especially in the smaller gauges. One of these days I'll find a small frame 410 to use on grouse. danny
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Not a lever,but the next best thing....Double Shotguns! I could stand in front of that rack for a couple of hours at least.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

BigSky56 wrote:I like double barrel shotguns especially in the smaller gauges. One of these days I'll find a small frame 410 to use on grouse. danny
C. Cash wrote:Not a lever,but the next best thing....Double Shotguns! I could stand in front of that rack for a couple of hours at least.
Not to hijack the post, but I just picked up a CZ 28 gauge SXS with double triggers. It should arrive in the next day or so. I've wanted a 28 for a long time.
Ricky

DWWC
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

that's just the shotgun side of the room, turn around.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

RKrodle wrote:
BigSky56 wrote:I like double barrel shotguns especially in the smaller gauges. One of these days I'll find a small frame 410 to use on grouse. danny
C. Cash wrote:Not a lever,but the next best thing....Double Shotguns! I could stand in front of that rack for a couple of hours at least.
Not to hijack the post, but I just picked up a CZ 28 gauge SXS with double triggers. It should arrive in the next day or so. I've wanted a 28 for a long time.
Congrats RKrodle....get some pics up if you can. Double's are a natural extenstion of a Lever action, so not really off topic at all. My Dad had a Stevens made in the early 1900's that he toted around for quail. Since drooling over that one growing up, I've owned 2 Stevens Doubles, a Baker Gun Co., a Lefever Nitro, and had(in my opinion the finest of them all) a Remington Mod. 1900 for a bit that was stolen out of my Uncles house. All 12's except the Remington which was a sweet 16. When I see a good clean one at a gunshop, I'm pretty much a goner. Singles too. :oops:

Pokey....yep, that's what I was thinkin.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I love all types of shotguns but prefer over and under models the best.
"That'll Be The Day"
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Danny,
I have the sweetest little Spanish .410 double anyone ever shook a stick at.
It's TINY,carry it all day.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I guess I started out life with a lever action, a model 71. I own a 300 mag in a Browning A-Bolt Medallion, have hunted with it and killed deer, it's wonderful. But it is a tool, whereas the lever guns I own are part of the family.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I would be glued to that area of the store. I love double guns second to none in the firearms world. 86er has hooked me up with my current favorite - a British Shotgun - Midland 30" barrels with Imp Cyl and Lt. Mod chokes, chambers 2 3/4" (70mm) Man. date 1896 Semi round body game gun. This Shotgun has hammers and points and shoots for me perfectly. Over the years I have gone through Browning, Aya, Remington, Lefever, Colt, Stevens, CZ, SKS, lc smith and a few others. The british styling and weight characteristics are just my cup of tea when it comes to shotguns.

Ricky, you will love the .28gauge. The SKS I had in that caliber was one of my favorite Over unders and it seemed that I could not miss on Doves in the California fields with that one.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
major
Levergunner 2.0

Post by major »

I too love a nice O/U I have one in 12,20,28 and a 410 sxs the 410 it one of the most fun scatter guns I own it just feels prefect in your hands. I have been lucky enough to even take a few turkey's with the little gun and what a joy to take a tom with a 410 :D
Major

*If guns were your children how hard would you fight to protect and keep them*
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

After Winchester levers, I lean towards nice doubles, particularly those by the A.H.Fox Gun Co, of Philadelphia, Pa. :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I have had a few side by sides, L.C. Smiths, AyA, Winchester 24, but the one I have always wanted has eluded me. The model 21 Winchester is on a list I probably will not complete. I have pretty well run out of mad money and the only way I will get one is to trade. I might trade a few model 12s and a Winchester 101 and get a shooter but I dought it will present itself in my lifetime. I'm keeping all my Winchester levers and old Colt SAAs until I can't see the sunrise or set.
"That'll Be The Day"
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Mescalero
I have a friend that has a spanish 410 your right it is lightweight Ive seen him take pheasant and sharptail, sweetest little dbl Ive ever handled. danny