Happy Easter with more bad news

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
odinohi
Levergunner 1.0

Happy Easter with more bad news

Post by odinohi »

6 days ago we had to put our little Yorkie "Kiowa" down due to a brain tumor. She was our youngest of 4 dogs. Friday our oldest "Precious" took sick. Got her to the vets before they closed for the evening. They took xrays and thought she just had too much to eat. The wife and I knew she ate less than normal. Brought her home and she and I were up all nite. She was in alot of pain so I gave her a painpill that we had for her for an earlier back problems. The next morning we got her to our regular vet. They looked at the xrays and did some bloodwork. Her redblood cell count was low. They think she has cancer in her liver and that her kidneys are failing. They are keeping her until Monday trying to flush her kidneys so we can spend a little more time with her. We really feel terrible leaving her there for 2 days. Hopefully she will forgive us and be OK until we pick her back up on Monday morning. I thought losing our youngest 6 days ago was the worst thing that could happen. When it rains it pours. I hope it quits soon as we are running out of furry friends. Here is a photo of the 2 of them. God bless, Tom & RaNae
Picture 418.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Happy Easter with more bad news

Post by rjohns94 »

I am sorry for your news. I hope that the good memories of your two pets will override the sadness you are feeling at this time.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Tom,
My wife and I are with 'ya. on your little buddies. I'm the guy who wrote in your other post about our 14 Yorkies. Just a bit of advice on this very Holy Day.
We too, love our dogs/cats/horses more than we care for most people, but beware of the vets. They take advantage of that love.

We have been animal people our entire lives. We use common sense when it comes to spending big bucks on our furry friends. Sometimes an animal gets old and sick and like old people, there's not a lot you can do for them except provide them comfort in their last days. Keep em warm, plenty of fresh water and food when they feel like eating.

Unless they are in obvious pain, let them live what days they have in the comfort of your home. I have seen more than one person spend 2 to 5 thou. on an animal only for it to die a week later. I know it sounds a bit harsh but I liken it to an old man of 85 getting a root canal.--------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Sorry to hear your sad news. I also have to agree with Sixgun. sometimes a Vet can just prolong the inevitable agony felt by the loving owner. However I hope Precious makes it OK.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Sorry for your loss.
My parents seem to loss an animal once a week.
odinohi
Levergunner 1.0

Post by odinohi »

Sixgun, I wish I would have taken your advice. They called me a half hour ago and said she past away peacefully in her sleep. I think she really missed Kiowa. I know we miss them both. We're gonna go bring her home in the morning. I have a spot next to Kiowa.
Sixgun wrote:Tom,
My wife and I are with 'ya. on your little buddies. I'm the guy who wrote in your other post about our 14 Yorkies. Just a bit of advice on this very Holy Day.
We too, love our dogs/cats/horses more than we care for most people, but beware of the vets. They take advantage of that love.

We have been animal people our entire lives. We use common sense when it comes to spending big bucks on our furry friends. Sometimes an animal gets old and sick and like old people, there's not a lot you can do for them except provide them comfort in their last days. Keep em warm, plenty of fresh water and food when they feel like eating.

Unless they are in obvious pain, let them live what days they have in the comfort of your home. I have seen more than one person spend 2 to 5 thou. on an animal only for it to die a week later. I know it sounds a bit harsh but I liken it to an old man of 85 getting a root canal.--------------Sixgun
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Very sorry for your loss. :cry:
Losing a pup can be very hard; I cry my eyes out every time.
I get too attached.

But a truth that I've come to know is that a new pup can take most of the suffering away.
Any shelters near you?

Best of luck.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Prayers up for "Precious". Hope all turns out well.
ED
Yer never too old
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Hopefully she does not have what the Vet "possibly" thinks.
It is at all possible she is mourning over the loss of your yorkie??
Dogs will do that and the timing issue seems like a possibility.
along with the symptoms she shows.

Hopefully the Vet is truthful with you guys.
If she shows no indications of a xray mass tumor/bladder stone
etc. on the xrays and no infection urine/blood except a somewhat
lowering blood cell count which in older dogs sometimes is a little
lower, I would just be careful that they are not taking advantage
of you guys in your rough time.I am NO expert on this but I do know
dogs love each other like they love you guys.

Hope everything turns out ok!!!!!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

odinohi wrote:Sixgun, I wish I would have taken your advice. They called me a half hour ago and said she past away peacefully in her sleep. I think she really missed Kiowa. I know we miss them both. We're gonna go bring her home in the morning. I have a spot next to Kiowa.
Yes, if certain animals spend time around each other, they will miss the one who is not around. Our 14 Yorkies have their own "cliques". Skittles hangs with Suzy, Eddie, and Spike. Fatboy, Teeny, Froggy and Smiley are always with each other. Tommy stays to himself. Tart (he's not real smart :D ) fights all of the dogs. Sometimes one clique fights another clique. It gets really comical.

Animals are a lot more "human" than society/science gives 'em credit for.

Take comfort in the fact that you guys gave your little buddies the best life a dog could have. They lived well. :D ------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
odinohi
Levergunner 1.0

Post by odinohi »

Thanks for your kind words Sixgun and the rest of you. The vet called lastnite, she passed away in her sleep, alone in a kennel. Never again will I leave any of my pets in that condition all nite at the vets. I'm not blaming them for her death. I'm saying she should have been home, where she belonged. With the people who loved her. Thanks again, Tom
Sixgun wrote:
odinohi wrote:Sixgun, I wish I would have taken your advice. They called me a half hour ago and said she past away peacefully in her sleep. I think she really missed Kiowa. I know we miss them both. We're gonna go bring her home in the morning. I have a spot next to Kiowa.
Yes, if certain animals spend time around each other, they will miss the one who is not around. Our 14 Yorkies have their own "cliques". Skittles hangs with Suzy, Eddie, and Spike. Fatboy, Teeny, Froggy and Smiley are always with each other. Tommy stays to himself. Tart (he's not real smart :D ) fights all of the dogs. Sometimes one clique fights another clique. It gets really comical.

Animals are a lot more "human" than society/science gives 'em credit for.

Take comfort in the fact that you guys gave your little buddies the best life a dog could have. They lived well. :D ------------Sixgun
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Dear lord,
I am so sorry for your loss, You two have really been put through
a rough time and lord willing things from now on will get much better.

Take care!!!!!!
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Thats a rough one. I am sorry for you and your families loss.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Get another pup........They are so needy, you'll soon have a replacement buddy, not the same one, but it will heal your heart faster that way.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

Sorry to hear you had such a bad Easter. I know what it is like to loose a pet and family member and I don't which is worse as my pets are the ones who console me when I get upset or am feeling low.
The pets I have are my buddies and don't no body better mess with them. I have a chihuahua that was the wife's pet but now has ended up being mine as she has to be every where that I am and my cats that the wife gets upset with at times but they are a source of pleasure for me and i don't know what I will do when they are gone as the wife doesn't want anymore pets as none of them want to be around her much except for the old female cat I have that at times wants attention from the wife so she is on the ok list.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV