uberti '66 in .22lr

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

uberti '66 in .22lr

Post by The Lewis »

Anybody have one? If so, can you post pics? Opinions? Thanks...
Molon Labe
JoeArizona
Levergunner 1.0

Post by JoeArizona »

I've often thought a '66 in .22 would be a great gun also!
Joe

---

Peter's Laws - Rule #7, "If you can't beat them, join them, then beat them."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Better get out the drool rag; I'm going to need it if someone posts a picture! :wink:
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I had one many years ago. I shot it a LOT. I regret selling it and would like to find another one day. It was a Navy Arms gun. I don't know exactly who made it, but it was probably a Uberti. It was very well made.

Don't have any pics.

Mine was a carbine. It looked funny to me with no loading gate. I removed the fore end and filed the fore end boss off the receiver, making it look somewhat like a Henry. This was before Henry copies were common, or perhaps even before they were available at all.

For some time, I was shooting about 2500 rounds a month thru it. Could line empty shotgun shells up at 20 yards and consistantly hit them shooting 15 rounds in about 10 seconds or so. Slew many a rat and mouse with that gun on the farm.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I don't have a 66 but I have a 73 Carbine it dates back to the mid 70s and has a butt plate trap door for the cleaning rods and it has the correct sights.
It can be a bit fussy about ammo but is a real fun rifle and has taken many rabbits and squirrels.

Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

Gamekeeper, Thanks for the pic, I really like the '73 also and would jump on the chance of either in a carbine. kiivvijdsjbnv opps, my fingers slipped from all the drool!
Molon Labe
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

yes, i have one, the 24" rifle in 22 lr with tang sight, and i have a 73 carbine in 22 wmr; had a 66 carbine in 22 lr but sold it to Paco this fall and he says he really likes it.
i will try to post pictures. the 66 rifle is really heavy but holds really steady.
cable
krgriggs
Levergunner

Post by krgriggs »

Yes I have a 66 .22 in 24" barrel with tang sight, I also have a 22 mag carbine 66. Both have a nice shooting weight and are very accurate!