30-40 Krag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
flb
Levergunner 1.0

30-40 Krag

Post by flb »

Anybody have some 30-40 Krag brass or ammo for sale? Bought one just cuz was my first rifle and the only time I ever saw my Dad shoot a gun. He didn't like guns but supported me all I wanted in hunting and shooting. I was nuts for buying it but sure miss Dad and any memory is a good one.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: 30-40 Krag

Post by gamekeeper »

Amen to that.

Sorry I can't help with the brass, try the classified. :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

flb wrote:... I was nuts for buying it but sure miss Dad and any memory is a good one.
You kidding??? That's the best reason to buy a gun I've ever heard... :)
Tom
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

I KNOW THAT FEELING. I HAVE MY DADDY'S 1898 KRAG CARBINE WITH REDFIELD SIGHTS, PUT ON BY JOHN REDFIELD HIMSELF. AFTER MY DADDY DIED IN '01 I FOUND I COULDN'T SHOOT IT ANYMORE. THE SIGHTS WERE ALL BLURRY NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I WIPED MY EYES.
SO I FOUND A BROWNING HIGH GRADE 1895 NIB AT A REDICULOUS LOW PRICE AND BOUGHT IT AS A SHOOTER. AND IT IS A SHOOTER TOO !!!!
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
El Guapo
Levergunner

Post by El Guapo »

30-40 Krag ammo is still offered by Winchester. Same story with brass. Contact Graf and Sons and they will fix you up with either or both. Cabela's usually has the ammo in stock, too.
okdee
Levergunner 2.0

Post by okdee »

Well if that don't beat all!

It just happened this weekend! I just shot my new (old) Winchester 1895 carbine, with some 30-40 Krag ammo, that my Father loaded back in 1970! :o

I had to buy the gun to shoot his ammo! :wink:

As a boy growing up, he and I would reload all kinds of ammo. I dont recall this batch, but boy was it hot!!! :twisted:

I understand about getting the brass. Put a ad out on the classified and watch gunbroker and ebay.

Cheers,
Oklahoma Dee
FAMILY
NRA LIFE
TSRA
SASS
HGCA
Life is Grand! Live it!

OKDEE
thornblom
Levergunner 2.0

Post by thornblom »

Try
Last edited by thornblom on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I love the Krag rifle - I have two Krag sporters and another in in the vise being built now.

I love the 30-40 round - I have a Winchester 95 and a Brownchester in 30-40

Now as to the brass.... I am hanging on to what I have. It is available through most reloading supply folks.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

don Tomás wrote:
flb wrote:... I was nuts for buying it but sure miss Dad and any memory is a good one.
You kidding??? That's the best reason to buy a gun I've ever heard... :)

Tom
+1 :D
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

You got a good gun for a good reason. I'm just another fan of the .30-40 and the 1895...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
flb
Levergunner 1.0

Post by flb »

Good thoughts all! My Dad was a boxer in the old days and hurt a guy so bad he had brain damage the rest of his life. Dad never forgove himself and would not kill anything. He took me but fired one shot in one gun in his life and it was a Krag that I bought for $5.00 at a Gambles store. That was in the 50's. I finally found some ammo so will have about 100 rds but boy is it scarce. Graf is out, Midway is out, Cabelas is out and all the local stores around here. When I shoot it I will post some results.