OT – More cap & ball handguns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT – More cap & ball handguns

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well, a couple weeks ago I made a post on the Colt-clone cap and ball revolvers I had.
http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... p+%26+ball
rjohns94 pointed out that I had forgotten my Ruger Old Army Horse Pistol – and he should know, he sold it to me! :D Well, as promised, here are some more photos, this time of my “non-Colt” cap and ball pistols and revolvers.

These first three include the ROA-HP, and I classify them as Remington 1858 New Model Army clones. Granted, the ROA isn’t a clone of the Remington 1858, but you can certainly see the lineage in its lines.

The top one is the Ruger “Old Army” Horse Pistol. I have not fired it yet, but I will. She is a beauty!

The next one is an Uberti copy of the Remington 1858 New Model Army. I picked this one up last fall at a gun show in Charlotte. It came with a spare cap & ball cylinder, and a R&D Conversion cylinder to .45 Colt. I’ve fire it with the latter, and it is a hoot! This is one of Y2K’s favorites now.

The last one belonged to my father, and is Italian-made, but I can’t determine who made it. I know it wasn’t Uberti, and it was Pietta, so I am thinking it might be Armi San Marco give the age (it comes from the late 1970’s). I gave this one to Y2K when I got the one above.

Now for two other cap and ball revolvers – a Starr double-action clone and a LeMat clone – both by Pietta.

The LeMat has to be one of my favorites. No where near the balance or feel of any of the Colt-clones, but just a heck of an interesting concept. For those unfamiliar with the LeMat, it was of French design, and held nine (yes “9”) .40 caliber balls rotating around a smoothbore cylinder of roughly 20 gauge. The Pietta version is .44 caliber. This was favored by J.E.B. Stuart and other sons of the South.

The Starr double action was one of the first practical large-caliber C&B double-actions available.

Now for some cap and ball pistols…

On top is a Traditions copy of the infamous Philadelphia Derringer, this one in .45 caliber, and a close copy of the gun used to assassinate President Lincoln.

And the other two, also from Traditions, are a dueling set of William Parker pistol (clones).

How about a three-some of kit pistols?

These are all old “Classic Arms” pistol kits. The first is an “Elgin Cutlass” pistol.

Followed by a “Ducksfoot” (never know when I’ll have to board a ship after all)

And the last is a Pepperbox, this one also having belonged to my father and older than the other two.

And here they all are together – my “non-Colt” cap and ball revolvers and pistols!

Don’t you just love family portraits? :wink:
Hobie

Re: OT – More cap & ball handguns

Post by Hobie »

:D
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Wow!!!!!! Can I come over and play???????? Love the Remingtons and the Starr the most, but all very nice Ysabel. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Very nice. :D :D :D :D I rate that four smilies.
Old Law Dawg
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

pretty cool stuff.

but there's no slippers in the pics?
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

:D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

now that was fun - never did it before. :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

pokey wrote:pretty cool stuff.

but there's no slippers in the pics?
True. Actually, I'm not bending over the guns as much when I take the snapshot. My back is still killing me. Who knew it would result in a slightly better photo? :wink:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

that was fun!!! very nice.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Nice! :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Thanks! As Mike said, "that was fun!" :mrgreen: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

kimwcook wrote:Very nice. :D :D :D :D I rate that four smilies.
+1

Those LeMats have always had a soft spot in my heart. I need to get off my but and pick up one or two.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis