JW movie bloopers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

JW movie bloopers

Post by J Miller »

Just watched the movie "The Train Robbers". There is one blooper in there that is fairly obvious.
The scene where JW and Bobbie Vinton are discussing what kind of man he is has Bobbie holding a Win 92. The blooper is the rifle has no rear sight.

The other blooper takes place just a bit before that one. JW is talking to Ann Margaret and she asks him weather the bad guys will hit them when they see the Wells Fargo box. At this point JW is standing beside his horse.
I've watched this movie a dozen times and never seen this, but on the leather part that goes from the saddle body to the stirrups is some stamping.
At the top is stamped "PCCHA" as best as I can read.
There are some words that run at an angle down the leather,
And at the bottom " 1964.

Next time I watch the movie I'll slo mo it every time I see his horse. Maybe I can read the diagonal letters.

I've seen technical bloopers a lot, but never one as obvious as this.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Re: JW movie bloopers

Post by Otto »

In North to Alaska, a man punches John Wayne in the face, and when he throws his head back, his hat flies off, taking his toupe with it. The ensuing fight in the street is rather lengthy, and it is glaringly obvious that a very young double with long floppy hair does most of the scene.

In The Sons of Katie Elder, John Wayne punches one of his brothers, but swings his fist aroungd too far and raps his knuckles on the edge of a door.

In, The Searchers, during the gunfight at the river, John Wayne tosses his revolver to Ward Bond. Bond holds the revolver up to cock it,and accidentally fires straight up into the air. He pauses for a second, as though waiting for someone to yell "cut," then aims the revolver and continues with the scene.

In The Searchers, Laurie gets mad and throws Marty's letter into the fireplace, except it falls short. Her father grabs the letter, and holds it in the flame to light it, so that he can throw it on the floor and stamp it out.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

That saddle blooper is pretty funny. I kind of doubt the Duke won that saddle in the Pacific Coast Cutting Horse Association, so it musta been borrowed. :lol:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

ndcowboy wrote:That saddle blooper is pretty funny. I kind of doubt the Duke won that saddle in the Pacific Coast Cutting Horse Association, so it musta been borrowed. :lol:
ndcowboy,
Thanks. I meant to ask is anybody knew what those initials meant. It would be interesting to read the diagonal letters. Might be a name.

Otto,
I've seen the toupe come off in North To Alaska. And the special effects of the barrel rolling over the guy in the mud is pretty tacky too.
I'll have to keep an eye out for the others you mentioned.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

The saddle probably belonged to one of the wranglers for the movie.
Old Law Dawg
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

In the series finale of Life on Mars, a rifle went from an AK to a mini 14 back to an AK several times. I guess they figure most folks wouldn't know the difference.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

jeepnik wrote:In the series finale of Life on Mars, a rifle went from an AK to a mini 14 back to an AK several times. I guess they figure most folks wouldn't know the difference.
Was John Wayne in "Life on Mars"?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
CaptainFinn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CaptainFinn »

Towards the end of 'El Dorado', JW and Robert Mitchum chase the bad guys into a church. Mitchum's character is pretty much hung over at this point, and he ends up hiding in some pews and blasting at the bad guys in the bell tower above the alter. Mitchum ends up blastin away at the bad guys before reloading, and it's pretty obvious he has one of the old Stembridge double-action specials, a Colt Official Police or a New Service with a fake ejector rod bolted onto the side. You can see him firing double action and later there's a bit where you can see him load the swing-out cylinder.

I think the same type of gun got used for some of the gunfights in the Jimmy Stewart movie 'Fire Creek'.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I think they used that jurry rigged DA in True Grit too. When Lucky Ned Pepper came to the dug out to check on the two guys there he pulled out a SAA. Then in the next scene he pulled out a DA and fried off a shot. Totally obvious lack of continuity.

Joe