Aguila Ammo anyone?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Aguila Ammo anyone?

Post by Kansas Ed »

Has anyone had any experience with Aguila rimfire ammo? Accuracy? I'm thinking of getting some to try.

Ed
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Aguila Ammo anyone?

Post by awp101 »

It's worth trying. Not as good as Wolf Match or Eley in my stuff but light years ahead of the bulk packs IME.

I've had good luck with the match pistol and rifle. I've got one other flavor (not the sub-sonic though) but I don't recall which one it is.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

A couple years ago I entered a postal match over on TRF. As I was shooting it I tried several (a bunch ) different brands and kinds of .22 LR ammo. I found the Aguila standard velocity pistol match ammo to be very accurate in my old Ruger .22 Auto and my older H&R Sportsman.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Pretty good stuff.

I really like their Sniper Sub Sonic.
Removes the head from rabbits, squirrels etc. very accurate.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

OK stuff, but the current production ammo is very dirty....like Remington bulk.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Wow...lots of answers quick...Weather must be bad in places today since everyone is indoors at their puters :wink:

KS sucks today....

Thanks for the input everyone...I just ordered 5 bricks....

Ed
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I shoot the stuff out of it.

Not primo match, but no failures.

I shoot:

20gr Super Colibri
SSS 60gr subsonic
"Centurian" SV RNL
30gr Super Max
40gr Interceptor

All good. All inexpensive.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I've only tried the 60 gr subsonic, and I like it a lot. A little pricey but accurate. Depends on the gun I guess.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I shoot the Golden Eagle match stuff in the Winchester lowwall. It will hold about a 8 inch group at 270 yds in some pretty miserable wind for a 22. Not cheap at 3$ a box, but cheaper than Eley by a bunch. :mrgreen:
plinkin pete
Levergunner 1.0

Post by plinkin pete »

Ive shot a couple bricks through my two carbines and works well, not match ammo but good dollar value.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by .45 »

I like the sniper sub sonic for critters in the back yard, accurate and fairly quiet.
Critters don't think to much of it. :D
Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens... and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I keep Super Colibri and 30gr SuperMax SP on hand. These two rounds are at the far ends of the 22LR spectrum. For everything in between I shoot other brands like Win PP, CCI Mini-Mag, CCI Std Vel., and for plinking Federal 510.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The Super Colibri is quieter than my pellet gun. My wife can be in the kitchen, and if I choose to take a few practice shots out the window into the back yard she'd never hear them. Doesn't have much of an impact with a 20gr bullet powered only by a Eley primer charge, but it is great for pest control in populated settings! :D
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Ysabel Kid wrote:The Super Colibri is quieter than my pellet gun. My wife can be in the kitchen, and if I choose to take a few practice shots out the window into the back yard she'd never hear them. Doesn't have much of an impact with a 20gr bullet powered only by a Eley primer charge, but it is great for pest control in populated settings! :D

Anyone ever run those through a chrono?
NRA Life Member
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

TedH wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:The Super Colibri is quieter than my pellet gun. My wife can be in the kitchen, and if I choose to take a few practice shots out the window into the back yard she'd never hear them. Doesn't have much of an impact with a 20gr bullet powered only by a Eley primer charge, but it is great for pest control in populated settings! :D

Anyone ever run those through a chrono?
Not I, but I know they are moving along pretty darn slow. Real easy to see them in flight! :wink:
major
Levergunner 2.0

Post by major »

I have shot almost all the different Aguilia 22 ammo and can't complain about the performance of any of them from the screaming 30gr super maximum to the super colibri....I love there sub sonic 60gr & colibri for my henry on pest control duty can shoot pest before day break and doesn't even wake the neighbors :D I get roughly 800fps out of my henry with the super colibri with the little 20gr bullet it is somewhat dirty tho for it to be primer powered only but but easly cleaned.......I would recommend any of there ammo if you can get the deals on there ammo local without paying shipping it is well worth the price I get there super max way,way cheaper then stingers and to me they out preform the stingers but be ready for a LOUD crack when you fire one makes you look :shock: down at your gun to make sure your not shooting a 22mag :lol:.........go ahead and give them a try I almost never have a FTF...unlike the wally world bricks.
Major

*If guns were your children how hard would you fight to protect and keep them*