not a levergun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

not a levergun

Post by two bit okie »

But does any one have a fovorite M-1 Garand load that they would share with the rest of us.

I will be using 4895 powder.
Ysabel Kid

Re: not a levergun

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BTT

I haven't reloaded for the .30-06 Springfield round yet, but I hope to start, so I'm interested too! :D
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by two bit okie »

I have loaded thousands of 06, but a tad nervous about the M-1 and it's gas operation. When loading for a bolt gun you can play around a lot more with powder and bullet weight, and all of the rest.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

45 grains of 4895 with 168 grain Matchking. Only load you will ever need.

Found this at LoadData.com: Warning! Notes: All loads use CCI BR-210 primers, with single exception noted. Overall length of all loads is 3.34 inches. Warning: Powders such as IMR-4350, IMR-4831, H-4831 and others with similar burning rates, cause short cyclings, increased recoil, erratic port pressure and accelerated wear in an M1. They should never be used to reload any cartridge intended to be used in a Garand. (Handloader Issue #114)
Be Alert: Publisher cannot be responsible for errors in published load data.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

168gr Sierra Matchking BTHP
46.0 IMR 4895
WLR Primer

My NM garand loves it at the CMP matches.
Have put thousands of rounds through it (flawless round)
Dead accurate
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

Just my $.02 worth, but whatever load you use, make sure the primer is seated either flush or below as a high primer can crack the back of the receiver. I have never seen it happen but my father told me about it. I use 47.7grns of H4895 behind 150grn hornady polymer tip and a LEE hand primer so I can feel the primers seat. Never had a problem.