OT: White Christmas Day outdoor activities (Photos)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

OT: White Christmas Day outdoor activities (Photos)

Post by KirkD »

The only levergun related activities I did today was to reload 20 rounds for my 30-30 that I'm planning to use to test out my new barrel. We had breakfast around 11:30 am ... a fancy, massive one on fine china with lots of sausages, fresh home-made cinnamon buns, and Quiche for the ladies (ahem). After a massive pig-out like that we all need to get outside and burn some of it off. My two daughters and I went for a skii down to the river. Here's Hannah (11) and Sarah (13) ...

and the Old Geezer himself ....

When we got back to the yard, the toboggan hill out behind the house was a beehive of activity, with three of my boys, one daughter-in-law, and one girlfriend (of one of my boys ..... just to be clear about that) were prepping the hill for some serious tobogganing. Here's the launcher ....

... then the first jump ....

... then the second jump ....

And here's a look down the hill from the launcher. It's steeper than it looks in the photo ....

Well, I'd better go. The festivities for the evening are about to get into full swing .... more eating, celebrating, and remembering why we can celebrate like this, when we think of the first coming of the Lord .... the Highest of Kings born in the lowest of circumstances ... to redeem us from the consequences of our fallen state and to give us eternal life.

P.S. This morning, at the bottom of the toboggan hill, just to the left , was a Whitetail buck, a doe and a yearling. Boys, Christmas just doesn't get better than this.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Looks like you could start a line and charge admission to that thing. :shock:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Andrew, I just took a look out the window at the hill. I see bodies flying all over the place. I don't think I'd want to charge admission to that hill ..... I'd have my pants sued off in no time flat. :D I've long since lost track of the number of Sno-Racers and toboggans that have been destroyed on that hill. When my three older boys left home, I figured we'd seen the last of it but, no, they're in their 20's and they still come home and build up that crazy toboggan run every winter. Even my girls go off that thing now. I feel sorry for any fellows that come a-courtin' my girls. They're going to need some stones to do the things my girls have learned from their older brothers and think are 'normal'. The Old Geezer gets out there sometimes too to toss my body around, but at my age (53) it takes more days to get all the torn ligaments healed up again, so I ration out the suicide runs at my age.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Kirk, I have been checking here a few times today waiting for you to show something. Thanks, my bunch all enjoyed the pictures.We have been cooking and eating for three days and are just about to start again on supper.I'll try to put a picture of yesterdays meal shortly.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Looks like a great Christmas! :D

We went to Mass yesterday, then off to my brother's for the family get-together. Slept in as much as possible today - actually made it to 7:30am, then the kids couldn't wait any longer. Stayed in our PJ's most of the day, with me taking gifts out of boxes, loading batteries, and assembling stuff. Watched "A Christmas Story" on and off all day long, then wrapped up with "It's a Wonderful Life" this evening - my first time ever seeing it!

It was a great day! :D
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Kirk, thanks for posting those pictures!!!! I must say you look dapper in your ski outfit!!!!Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gregg »

:P Ha Ha now I wished I had pictures. Two weeks ago we had our Christmas. Had sled pulling with the Old 1951 Allis Chalmers WD thru the snow. Girls thought 10 MPH seemed really fast on a sled. thru the fields :P