OT kinda: Marlin 22's OTHER than the 39.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bearhands
Levergunner 1.0

OT kinda: Marlin 22's OTHER than the 39.

Post by Bearhands »

Does anyone collect/own a few Marlin 22's OTHER than the 39's?.... Just wondering about a little tweaking that I'd like to do to a Marlin 100.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT kinda: Marlin 22's OTHER than the 39.

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I gave my daughter a store-brand Marlin bolt action, which I refinished with a pink stock. I can't recall the model number equivalent though. My son's first gun was a Marlin "Little Buckaroo" 15YN - a youth sized .22 bolt. Both are great guns! :D
Bearhands
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bearhands »

Well, I just got a dandy J.C.Higgins 103.18 aka Marlin 100.. it's a VERY accurate lil 22. I'd like to lighten up the trigger a bit but I don't want to screw things up. I've honed the sear just a tad because of a burr or two. I'd like to do a bit more to make it a little lighter on the pull but I'm kinda chicken because I don't want to have to search for new parts! LOL
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I hear you!
Bearhands
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bearhands »

Ysabel Kid,
This thing is "like new" and came with an orig J.C. Higgins 4x scope (fine crosshairs, sidemount) made by Weaver in El Paso.. even the scope is dead on. all for $75 bucks..
Thomas Jefferson
rhead
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rhead »

I have a marlin 880 SQ. Very accurate with whatever I try to feed it. Best squirrel I have ever had.
The man who invented the plow was not bored. He was hungry.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Bearhands wrote:Ysabel Kid,
This thing is "like new" and came with an orig J.C. Higgins 4x scope (fine crosshairs, sidemount) made by Weaver in El Paso.. even the scope is dead on. all for $75 bucks..
Bearhands, don't you feel a bit guilty stealing that?!? :wink: $75 bucks - you da' man! Congratulations!!! :mrgreen:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I have a M-25 that is also PINK which has been cascaded through my three daughters (although now the youngest says the only gun she likes to shoot is my Ruger 96/22). I also have a long-barreled one with a straight 10x old-style Weaver that can hit a penny at 50 yards. I've never shot it 'against' any of my other, prettier, fancier, .22's, but I'll bet it is as accurate as any of them. (Gotta shoot some Paco-Accurized rounds this summer 8) ).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "