OT-Anti-Vampire Revolver

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

OT-Anti-Vampire Revolver

Post by awp101 »

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
major
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT-Anti-Vampire Revolver

Post by major »

that is some really awsome craftmanship :shock:
Major

*If guns were your children how hard would you fight to protect and keep them*
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I saw this several years ago when the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" series was on.
I thought it was pretty neat then too. Unfortunately I didn't have enough funds to get it then .... or ever really.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

I thought silver bullets were just for Werewolves.!
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

My wife likes the vampire romance books. No, I don't know why. But I figured, a shotgun loaded with silver and wooden crosses bathed in holy water should work on anything from vampires to zombies.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

"scuse me for rainin on everybody's parade, but isn't it the cartridge, more specifically, the bullet, that will kill the vampire? Wait a minute......we must invent a firearm that'll deliver a wooden stake into the said target's heart, no? The first part of my post was related to a werewolf.....silver bullet, don't you know. Anyway, all that scrimshaw on the delivery system, for those of you in Rio Lindo, as Rush would say, is a total waste of time & energy, that is IF these critters DO exist, & I have my doubts, jd45
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

jd45 wrote:"scuse me for rainin on everybody's parade, but isn't it the cartridge, more specifically, the bullet, that will kill the vampire? Wait a minute......we must invent a firearm that'll deliver a wooden stake into the said target's heart, no? The first part of my post was related to a werewolf.....silver bullet, don't you know. Anyway, all that scrimshaw on the delivery system, for those of you in Rio Lindo, as Rush would say, is a total waste of time & energy, that is IF these critters DO exist, & I have my doubts, jd45
Buffy already had a "stake" gun.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

jd45 wrote:"scuse me for rainin on everybody's parade, but isn't it the cartridge, more specifically, the bullet, that will kill the vampire? Wait a minute......we must invent a firearm that'll deliver a wooden stake into the said target's heart, no?
I think the theory is that by having the cross on the muzzle, anything leaving it will be suitably blessed.

Or someone can pull the wooden bullets from the Swede training ammo that came in a few years ago and have a go with that! :lol:
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Back in the late 1980's, GUNS Magazine ran an article on a Vampir Gun.

The gun was a Colt Detective Special, silverplated and extensively engraved with supernatural motifs.

The revolver was cased in a coffin shaped velvet lined, fitted oak case. Also in the case were a dozen cartridges loaded with silver bullets cast in a shape very reminiscent of Nosferatu in the old silent vampire movie. There was, IIRC, a silver cross and a small vial labled "Holy Water." This was a one off pistol made by a master engraver, who's name I've forgotten.

If I can find the magazine, I will try to scan some of the photos.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

When I was a sophomore in high school, I had an English teacher who was from Transylvania. She said they had never heard of Dracula being a vampire there. I guess Bram Stoker just made it all up. Can you believe that?!? :lol:
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Doc Hudson wrote:Back in the late 1980's, GUNS Magazine ran an article on a Vampir Gun.

The gun was a Colt Detective Special, silverplated and extensively engraved with supernatural motifs.

The revolver was cased in a coffin shaped velvet lined, fitted oak case. Also in the case were a dozen cartridges loaded with silver bullets cast in a shape very reminiscent of Nosferatu in the old silent vampire movie. There was, IIRC, a silver cross and a small vial labled "Holy Water." This was a one off pistol made by a master engraver, who's name I've forgotten.

If I can find the magazine, I will try to scan some of the photos.
They're in the link. What you described is this one even down to the coffin case. :mrgreen:
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Short version. Vlad Draco aka Vlad the Impaler, was a war lord of sorts. He used to place those he didn't like with their arms and legs tied around a post and a sharp stake below. When their strength gave out down they went. In his later life he belived that drinking blood would make him immortal, ergo Dracula. There's much more to the tale, and it's fairly well documented.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
scarville
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scarville »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:When I was a sophomore in high school, I had an English teacher who was from Transylvania. She said they had never heard of Dracula being a vampire there. I guess Bram Stoker just made it all up. Can you believe that?!? :lol:
Yes. Because he pretty much did. Until Bram Stoker made them into the gentlemen of the night, vampires, in most of European mythology, were just nasty people who refused to die and came back to torment and kill the people they hated in life. Which was usually just about everybody.

--
Stephen
What most people call a "right" is the equivalent of a dog walking on a leash. Just because your leash is a little longer than the other dogs' does not mean you don't have a master.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

awp101 wrote:They're in the link. What you described is this one even down to the coffin case. :mrgreen:
Nope, not the same gun. The one I remember was a Colt Detective Special with the ejector rod haning in the wind. The engraving was different as well. The Colt featured things like tombstones, and such like creepy subjects. Like I said that article was in GUNS about 20 years of so ago. I'll try to find it Monday.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Image Image
UNITE!
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Ah, so there was another! Interesting that both chose a coffin shaped carrying case...
-Mark Twain

Jones for that
Just ain't where it's at
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

jeepnik wrote:Short version. Vlad Draco aka Vlad the Impaler, was a war lord of sorts. He used to place those he didn't like with their arms and legs tied around a post and a sharp stake below. When their strength gave out down they went. In his later life he belived that drinking blood would make him immortal, ergo Dracula. There's much more to the tale, and it's fairly well documented.
He is still considered to be a national hero in Romania for his resistance to Turkish invasion.

Once when the envoy's from Sulieman the Magnificent revused to remove their turbans in his presence, Vlad ordered the turbans nailed to their heads with brass tacks.

And when some of his soldiers were setup by some people in a rather large town(they were probably misbehaving) Vlad attacked the town with his army and massacred the population. Allegedly he had over 5,000 people impaled at that time and he held a feast among the forest of stakes.

Vlad's father was called Vlad Dracul (Vlad the Dragon) because he belonged to a knightly order called The Order of the Dragon. Vlad the Impaler was also called Vlad Dracula meaning "Son of the Dragon."

Now one who still gives the peasants the creeps is Vlad Dracula's contemporary, Countess Elizabeth Bathory. In an effort to maintain her youth and beauty, she regularly bathed in the blood of young virgins. She made the mistake of taking a bath in the blood of a young woman of good family. They raised a stink and King Mathias of Hungary had her arrested and investigated. She would not be punished for killing peasants, but she was charged with witchcraft, heresy, and conspiring against the crown. As punishment, she was walled up in her private apartments in her castle and left there with only a few attendants to pass food through a small opening until she died over 20 years later. From what I've heard the peasant mothers in that region still scare their children into good behavior with threats that Countess Elizabeth will get them if the don't behave.

Image Image
UNITE!
rhead
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rhead »

If he had fought by the established rules we would likely be speaking Turkish today.
The turks got a message to his wife that he had been captured and killed.
His wife commit suicide by jumpimg fro the tower.
Vlad returned and found her dead, He petitioned Rome to allow her to be buried in hallowed ground due to the extenuating circumstances and was refused.
He converted to the Greek orthodox church and was allowed.
He was later captured by forces loyal to Rome.
The Vatican decided that anyone who convertedfromthe true religion for the eastern heresy was possesed by a deamon and that a team of exosist should be brought in.
The exorsisiom was sicessful, sort of, They exorsized his soul since there was on deamon avalible to cast out.
The undead souless vampire is the result of a sucessful exorsism preformed on a non posessed person.
Wood for vampires (Ash)
Silver for werewolves.
Salt for zombies.
The man who invented the plow was not bored. He was hungry.