Uberti 1860 Heney

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Countless0
Levergunner

Uberti 1860 Heney

Post by Countless0 »

Bought a used 1860 Henry .45 Long Colt. The gun shoots at 50yd 18 to 20in to the left, at 100yd
is it 25in to 30in Left. The guy i got the gun from said its the rear sight???? I think its the barrel!
Any Thoughts?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Uberti 1860 Heney

Post by J Miller »

Countless0,

Welcome to the forum.

To be that far off I'd think barrel.
Let me ask these questions:
A: Is the front sight centered and straight up and down. I know it pivots with the front of the barrel, but it should index vertically when the nose piece is closed.

B: Where is the rear sight on the barrel? Is it centered? Is it bent? Does it tilt?

C: If you hold the rifle out at arms length, probably should rest the barrel on something, and sight down the sides of the receiver is the barrel mounted straight or does it apear bent off to one side? Does the barrel itself have a bend in it?

D: Look at the muzzle crown. Is it straight? Is it dinged up, or other wise damaged?

From the rifles I've had, the rear sight would have to be all but falling off the barrel to cause it to shoot that far off.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Joe.
Old Law Dawg
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaperPatch »

I too have one.....and had to tap the sight over a bit in order to bring the windage on target. On mine, I noticed that the rear sight has an extra wide base to allow for a generous amount of drift; should it be necesary.

Otherwise then...does it group well???

Good luck.
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

I can't add anything that Joe did not say already...
otherwise, welcome to the fire
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Not having any original thoughts, I gotta agree with Joe also. And, add my own Welcome!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Welcome to the form. Pictures of the sights along the axis of the barrel may help, but I think Joe pegged it!