OT:Winchester M-100 What was re-call about?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Goat
Levergunner 2.0

OT:Winchester M-100 What was re-call about?

Post by Goat »

I know that there was a re-call on the Win M-100 semi-auto years ago but do not remember what it was about. A friend has one that is not hitting the primer hard enough to fire and sent it to me to take a look at . Any help appreciated.
Goat
"To know HIM and make HIM known"
Hairy Clipper
Levergunner 1.0

Re: OT:Winchester M-100 What was re-call about?

Post by Hairy Clipper »

Good Morning ya ol' Goat!

The Winchester Model 100 Recall related to the fact that the firing pins were crystalizing and breaking. When broken, the pin would wedge forward and and when the bolt would close it would fire until the magazine was empty! As I recall the firing pin was replaced with a "new updated" one. I may very well be incorrect here, but, it seems that there is a place that is still doing the recall, although I know not whom they might be.

I personally expireienced the "fully automatic mode" when checking sights for my father years ago before the deer season.

Be careful!

Hairy
This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickok!-Mathew Quigley
Goat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Goat »

Thanks for the reply Hairy! I thought that maybe I remembered it was about the firing pin but just was not sure. Now I know to look there first.
Goat
"To know HIM and make HIM known"
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Nu Line Guns in MO. did mine. First rate. 1886.http://www.nulineguns.com/