Winchester 94

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Whitedog
Levergunner

Winchester 94

Post by Whitedog »

A buddy has a Winchester 94 30/30 to sell. It has a few small nicks in the furniture and a couple of rub marks on the metal. Nothing to take away from the rilfe just some small cosmetic blemishes. Overall I'd say very good condition. Serial # 4 mil range and puts manufacture in 1978. Sight hood is missing, no angle eject. The rifle has been fired sparingly and not at all in quite a few years. He really has no idea whats it's worth and really wants to sell to fund another purchase. I know prices spiked and have come down, any idea on a fair price range. Hell I may buy it myself. Thanks in advance.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Whitedog , From your description I would say about $400 tops. I have seen many around here going ( or asking I should say ) in that price range. A good shooter is not a collector and can be had at a fair price. Offer him $300 and compromise! :)
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Yes, $350 sounds about right.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

+1 on that!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Old Savage wrote:Yes, $350 sounds about right.
+2
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

Your description sounds like the one I bought last month.

I got this at a pawn shop for $235. Bright bore, excellent shooter. Deals are out there.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Welcome to The Forum. Gotta agree, $300-350.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
win92
Levergunner 2.0

win 94

Post by win92 »

Bought one last month up here in CAnada for 300.00 out the door
(taxes in ) from a local Gun Shop. 1973 manufacture looks like the submitted piture
Regards Randy
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

If it's got the better-metal receiver (after 10+ years of the scintered stuff) and cast lifter (after the same Post 64 era's cheap stamped ones)...that seemed to resurrect the gun in the late 70s to early 80s. it's worth a bit more in my book...I'd say $400's fine. (You can tell if it's a cast lifter: it will be a little dished (V shaped) further back from the forward-most (facing) edge and may have what almost appears to be a rough appearance (in this case a good thing as an identifier).