OT--Browning A-Bolt--nice!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

OT--Browning A-Bolt--nice!

Post by getitdone1 »

Was at Gander Mountain couple of days ago and saw this Browning A-Bolt, stainless with wood stock, pencil barrel, tang safety--which I like a bunch--and even palm swell on right side of pistol grip.

What a light, handy, good looking gun. .243 chambering. That short upward movement of the bolt handle is nice too.

I've noticed some of the guns with wood and stainless are really nice looking. Winchester model 70's and this gun. Except for self-defense guns I'm pretty much done with synthetic stocks.

How reliable is the Browning A-Bolt? Reliability is #1 with me !

Don McCullough
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

This may not be much help but I have a Sig SHR 970 with a very similar design (3 lugs, 65* bolt throw, push feed, plunger ejector etc.) and I've never had any problem feeding or ejecting anything I've put through it.

I don't think you'd have a problem with it.
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

I had an A Bolt in .30-06. Very handsome rifle and extremely accurate. The most accurate rifle I have ever owned, in fact. The walnut stock is glass bedded at the factory. The rifle also fit me very well.
I traded it for a Ruger Blackhawk .45 because.....well, you know!
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.