OT- $125 shipped Stag AR lowers anyone?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

OT- $125 shipped Stag AR lowers anyone?

Post by O.S.O.K. »

You have to wait as they are on order and will ship in a few months... but for $125, its hard to beat. These are selling for $200+ on gunbroker. This is a group buy at weaponeer.net and you need to register before you can purchase. I've been registered over there since 2004 - its a weapon-builder type site and is loaded with good information and such in that regard. I don't hang out there much but its a good resource if you're at all interested in that kinda thing.

Just thought I'd let you know.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT- $125 shipped Stag AR lowers anyone?

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very interesting...

IIRC, the lower IS the firearm, as far as the BATFE is concerned, and must be transfered through an FFL. Is that correct Jac?

By the way - my wife cooked up from crab legs tonight and added mixin's from the package you sent. Best bunch I think I've ever had!!! :D :D :D
brionic
Levergunner 1.0

Post by brionic »

Great, thank you for the tip. I just ordered one plus the parts kit. Now I've got a little time to figure out how to configure it :D
--
Brian
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

i'd be interested - can you PM me or give me some more info...
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:IIRC, the lower IS the firearm, as far as the BATFE is concerned, and must be transfered through an FFL. Is that correct Jac?
Correct even though I'm not O.S.O.K.... :mrgreen:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Durn good price. This would be a dealer transfer of course, I'd pay a little extra if I could get them paperless. Good luck finding them, though.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

AWP's right- the lower is a firearm and needs to go to an FFL, so you'll need to send in the license copy with your money order.

Weaponeer http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/default.asp go to the Supply Room forums and then click on Receivers - you'll find the group buy info there. The "store" is through the Site Navigation on the left hand side "receivers".

As said, you need an ffl copy to go with your money order - I use postal money orders because they're the best for both sides.

I recommend http://www.del-ton.com for the rifle kits. Just click on "rifle kits" and you'll see a miriad of options. They build this, and send to your door - no ffl needed for the kits. The base price on the kits is $465 - complete with everything needed accept for your stripped lower. So, you can have a complete AR in your choice of configuration for under $600 plus your FFL's transfer fee - which should be $25 or so.

Now, I will say that you should select the "chromed barrel" option for another $45 - IMHO, worth the extra money.

You can go to http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=3 and find assembly directions - this is not hard job and most get it done in 1/2 hour. No special tools are needed but a punch set does help. Very straight forward. Here's a good guide on Weaponeer too: http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_po ... =6503&PN=1 though, you need to ignore much of this because your upper is completely assembled - just need to look at the lower parts assembly. You don't need a barrel wrench or the other specialized stuff.

Why is this so much less expensive? Because you are avoiding paying the Gram-Pitman Act tax on most of the rifle - you only pay on the receiver. Plus you are going to the source for most of the gun (the rifle kit) and avoid the ffl transfer fee on that as well. Basically, you will have a $950 rifle (today's price) for $650.

THE RUB? You will have to wait - both for the receiver and the rifle kit - del-ton states 5-8 weeks minimum right now - and it will take that long at least for the receiver too.

So, if it's worth $300 or more to you to wait a couple of months, then go this route.

I just ordered a midi kit from del-ton and two more receivers - one for me and one for my funshop owner buddy who's going to order a kit from del-ton too.

Hope that sheds some light on this.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

Wow thanks O.S.O.K., very much.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill