I took my cousin's son hunting - pics and turkey videos

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

I took my cousin's son hunting - pics and turkey videos

Post by Bitmap »

We went out Saturday afternoon. On the way into the farm I took this pic. Check out the doe in air over the fence.

We got in there and I took this pic over the hood of the truck.

The guy is in the blind for less than two hours and gets this. If the deer had waited another 10 minutes to come out it would have been too late to shoot.

Sunday morning we went out early so I could try to use some turkey tags. Before most of the turkeys woke up something bothered this one and he flew off the roost 50 yards from us and landed in the tree above us. The turkey may be hard to see. It is just above the center of the pic, sitting on the limb that is jutting down towards 8 O'clock in the pic, and just a little to the left of the end of the big branch. You'll see it in the videos.

I shot two hens. This is the first. They are in my freezer waiting for the attention of my wonderful wife.

I hope these videos work.

The video in this first one is nothing special but I like listening to the turkeys wake up. The beeps you hear early in the video are my cousin's camera when he turned it on.
Turkey Talk

Some of the video is a little blurry in this. It was fairly dark, I was using a small, inexpensive camera, and tried to zoom in too close a few times. It's hard to see how the video looks from the LCD display. I love it when the bird in the tree above us takes off.
Turkeys coming off the roost
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I took my cousin's son hunting - pics and turkey videos

Post by rjohns94 »

very kewl. thanks i enjoyed the videos
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

you lucky dog you...
what a great place to hunt....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Thanks for the pic's. It's so dog gone cold here right now there's no way I'm outside longer than to feed and water my horses. Unless work calls for it and it did this weekend. Cold, cold, cold. Still better than North Dakota. :D
Old Law Dawg
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bitmap »

Here are a some more pics. I'm getting ready to shoot a turkey. If you look above and to the right of my head you can see some black specs near the yuccas.

There go the survivors after the shot.

Here is the payoff.

The rifle is a .22 magnum. The handgun was for thinning out the pigs if I saw any.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Nice pics and great post 8) !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

You need to immediately buy that old farm place, looks like a national treasure that's been ignored by other hunters for 150 years. Great post.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Yup, those of us who would want to hunt there should pitch in and help buy the place :D . Kinda looks like Texas
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bitmap »

You need to immediately buy that old farm place
I am.

Kinda looks like Texas
It is!!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Well done and congrats, now then is that a CZ 22 mag and if so hows it shoot?

Thanks for the good pictures, thats a nice place you have there :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bitmap »

is that a CZ 22 mag and if so hows it shoot?
It was made in Yugoslavia and sold under the Charles Daly brand several years ago. I checked their website today and didn't see it listed there.

It is a very nice shooter, and the Cabela's Pine Ridge Muzzle Loader 2-7x scope is a nice match for it. The .22 magnum is a great round for turkey.
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

Bitmap wrote:We went out Saturday afternoon. On the way into the farm I took this pic. Check out the doe in air over the fence.

We got in there and I took this pic over the hood of the truck.

The guy is in the blind for less than two hours and gets this. If the deer had waited another 10 minutes to come out it would have been too late to shoot.

Sunday morning we went out early so I could try to use some turkey tags. Before most of the turkeys woke up something bothered this one and he flew off the roost 50 yards from us and landed in the tree above us. The turkey may be hard to see. It is just above the center of the pic, sitting on the limb that is jutting down towards 8 O'clock in the pic, and just a little to the left of the end of the big branch. You'll see it in the videos.

I shot two hens. This is the first. They are in my freezer waiting for the attention of my wonderful wife.

I hope these videos work.

The video in this first one is nothing special but I like listening to the turkeys wake up. The beeps you hear early in the video are my cousin's camera when he turned it on.
Turkey Talk

Some of the video is a little blurry in this. It was fairly dark, I was using a small, inexpensive camera, and tried to zoom in too close a few times. It's hard to see how the video looks from the LCD display. I love it when the bird in the tree above us takes off.
Turkeys coming off the roost
thats quite a sight, what a fun day.
g rice