Lee HB boolit in 1895

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hornetguy
Levergunner

Lee HB boolit in 1895

Post by hornetguy »

Does anybody use the Lee hollow base boolit in the Marlin 45-70's? I would think that for low to moderate loads, it ought to be pretty nice, with the bore sealing quality it should have.

I assume it would not be advisable for heavier loads, possibly blowing the skirt off? Or, is it tougher than that?

I'm just working up some ideas for my new favorite rifle.. I don't want to get too complex with 14 different loads... But I'd like to have a "mild" load for plinkin around, and a slightly heavier load for Texas deer and hogs. Later, probably a heavier load for elk, or whatever comes along.

thanks for any advice....
"at that point, I had the right to remain silent... but I didn't have the ability" Ron White
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

I'd like to hear what you come up with, I'm changing alloy's to try to get there. what I've got is too hard.
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

Have you tried a 50/50 wheel weight/straight lead alloy..??
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

It is the only boolit that works consistantly in my original Springfield Trapdoors using FFg BP. No need for a wad, just pack in 65-70 grains of FFg, compress to an COL of 2.550, and you're set to go....oh, yea forgot to tell you to lube 'em with either Alox or SPG.