broken barrel band on MOD. 1894 in .44 magnum

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

broken barrel band on MOD. 1894 in .44 magnum

Post by AkRay »

The barrel band on my Marlin MOD. 1894 in .44 magnum broke when I was shooting the rifle. The band looked a little boogered up when I bought the gun, but I didn't think it would break. Do any of you guys have a spare barrel band for sale that would fit an older (1971 manufacture) gun? It has a 16" MicroGroove barrel if that makes any difference. Let me know please.
Hobie

Re: broken barrel band on MOD. 1894 in .44 magnum

Post by Hobie »

I don't remember 16" guns in 1971, if it is cut-down I'm sure any 1894 barrel-band will work. I'd get a used one from gunpartscorp.com.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Cliff »

If all else fails, contact Marlin and ask if you can get a replacement part. The will usually help you out. I have had pretty decent luck with them. The new barrel band will likely have a sling stud for the quick detachable type sling mount. ATB
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Is this band for the stock or at the muzzle of the gun?
If at the muzzle and the barrel had been shortened it may have been reamed out due to the taper of the barrel. May have been weekened by reaming. :? Just a wild shot!! :D
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

The band that broke is the one at the muzzle. It's still on the gun, it just doesn't hold the mag tube and barrel together properly anymore. The rifle has the saddle ring on the receiver too, and that is a factory bit. Mr. Brophy's son lives here in Fairbanks and he had extra gold plated saddle rings, so the fella I bought this from picked one up from him. When he showed it to me at first, we both looked at the gold plated screw minus the ring and not really knowing what it was, he wondered out loud if some previous owner hadn't filled the screw hole with one from his living room lamp.