Gun Shows

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.

Should there be back ground check for private sales at gun shows?

yes
10%
no
90%

Total votes: 69
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Gun Shows

Post by ohwin94_61 »

I was amazed this fall when i could just walk in to a gun show and purchase a firearm with no background check what so ever :shock: any smuck can buy one. Then they want to take away are rights of gun ownership of us law abiding hunters, shooters, and collectors
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

What part of "...shall not be infringed..." is hard to understand?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

It's not the ability to freely purchase a weapon - it is the action committed with any kind of weapon that must be controlled. Those who use weapons to harm innocent people should be punished. Those of us who are NOT criminals should not be forced to jump through hoops in order to obtain a firearm. We are not the problem so why should we be punished? Those with criminal intent will always find SOME way to obtain or manufacture some kind of weapon. An example of what I'm talking about can be seen at:

http://paulmoreland.com/2007/04/19/when ... -outlawed/

There's over 5,000 answers to the question, "What will happen when guns are outlawed?" - it sure won't stop the criminal intent to cause harm to others...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Punish those using firearms in the commission of a crime - not the rest of us!!!
Hobie

Re: Gun Shows

Post by Hobie »

ohwin94_61 wrote:I was amazed this fall when i could just walk in to a gun show and purchase a firearm with no background check what so ever :shock: any smuck can buy one. Then they want to take away are rights of gun ownership of us law abiding hunters, shooters, and collectors
All dealers still have to run the background checks. Private sellers do not (here in VA). No difference than day-to-day ops sans gun shows.

Frankly, I think this idea that there is a "gun show loophole" is a load of hooey perpetuated by the Brady Bunch.

BTW, I've edited your poll to reflect legal fact rather than the Brady Bunch lie. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

We dont need gun control....
We need criminal control.......liberal politician control....
liberal defence attorney control & liberal judge control..

We use to hang people in this country for stealing a horse...
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Private sales at a gun show are no different than any other FTF, and shouldn't be treated any differently.

What I do find troublesome, is the offer(s) I've had, from some obvious gun show dealers- all in Florida - who said a particular gun "might be" a private sale.
If I was a "serious" buyer, they would "look it up". BS.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Pete44ru hit the nail on the head it is a face to face that happens to be done in a public setting. Now as good law abiding citizens it is up to the buyer to transfer title with the local law enforcment agency as per their local laws.

If they start doing checks at gun shows what will be next? Next thing you know they will be doing back ground checks on kitchen knives :x . Absolutely absurd. The only people affected by this sort of madness is are us (the law abiding citizen).
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Saloon slug wrote: If they start doing checks at gun shows what will be next? Next thing you know they will be doing back ground checks on kitchen knives :x . Absolutely absurd. The only people affected by this sort of madness is are us (the law abiding citizen).
That is the eventual goal for many leftists. Pick off guns one by one, then anything else a free person could use to resist the state, and then start negating our other freedoms one at a time. After all, we'll have given up any ability to refuse... :evil:
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

"They" don't have to require background check or any other annoyance to law abiding citizens, they can do like Los Angeles county; BAN ALL GUN SHOWS! Hasn't been a gun show in Lost Angeles County in many years.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

Out law guns and only outlaws will have guns
user45
Levergunner

Post by user45 »

ohwin94_61 wrote:I was amazed this fall when i could just walk in to a gun show and purchase a firearm with no background check what so ever :shock: any smuck can buy one. Then they want to take away are rights of gun ownership of us law abiding hunters, shooters, and collectors
You must be easily amazed.

All licensees must still comply with federal and state law when selling a firearm at a gun show.

Non-licensees can buy and sell firearms according to federal and state law, which does not require a background check. It's been like that since 1791.
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

user45 wrote:

All licensees must still comply with federal and state law when selling a firearm at a gun show.

Non-licensees can buy and sell firearms according to federal and state law, which does not require a background check. It's been like that since 1787.
Ok but your off buy the year it was 1871 when the NRA was founded
user45
Levergunner

Post by user45 »

ohwin94_61 wrote:
user45 wrote:

Non-licensees can buy and sell firearms according to federal and state law, which does not require a background check. It's been like that since 1787.
Ok but your off buy the year it was 1871 when the NRA was founded
Nope, NRA has nothing to do with it. Study your Bill Of Rights!
dogngun
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dogngun »

Please check this link:

www.gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

It concern several reports made by the FBI on where and how criminals get firearms. I can assure you none of them buys from a legal dealer, or through any "gunshow loophole".
That whole idea is a creation of the anti-gun lobbyists and has no basis in reality.
FWIW, I am a Pennsylvania Democrat-a gun owner and shooter for over 50 years. There are a lot of pro-gun and sensible Democrats-don't blame us all for the stupidity of a few-You have a few stupid Republicans as well, IIRC.
mark
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Gun shows? I would prefer none at all. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Gilbert. You're pushin' it. That's not even remotely funny. :shock:
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

dogngun wrote:You have a few stupid Republicans as well, IIRC.
mark
There are indeed stupid Republicans and I will submit VA's own Senator John Warner as one... :evil:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson