Not OT: Weather

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Not OT: Weather

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Southern Minesota is having 70 and sunny days and 45 and clear nights. Great shooting days and lovely bonfire nights. Hows yours weather, where you are at :) Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Ysabel Kid

Re: Not OT: Weather

Post by Ysabel Kid »

We're finally cooling off a bit, though next week is supposed to be back in the low-mid 80's during the day and mid 50's at night. I am SO ready for fall!!!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Well as I sit here it is 15* outside, we got about 3" of snow friday night and 4" saturday night. Good hunting weather.
Harry
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

At the house I work I keep daily maximum and minimum temperature records on a chart. So far, it has been abnormally warm in the day. So I am not too happy about it. I noticed that there is a second hatch of mosquitos. They are smaller than normal but extra vicious. The big issue with me is that the deer aren't moving around too much. I have been bowhunting since September 15th and saw nothing that I could shoot. Saw a nice buck in a field 80 yards away but it is on land I cannot hunt and the landowner will not give permission to do so. All that buck has to do is come another forty yards or so to me and he will be toast, I hope.
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

Here in central SD it's been cold, windy and raining all weekend. I had most of the weekend off and I can't do much outside. Been loading like crazy. Wanted to get out to shoot but it's not happening. Today is starting to clear a bit but it's still windy. It's been cold enough that I started the corn stove.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

In south central Pa, gonna be near 80 today. Opening day of deer archery was cool and very nice yet I still came away with welts from the mosquitos. Muzzleloader season opens on the 18th, hoping for cool days to return by Saturday.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Too bloody hot. Bow season is open but because I have no place to hang a deer but outside it's impractical for me to even think about hunting until November/when the ambient stays below 40...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Lately we have had beautiful weather in Quebec. Mid 40's at night and high 60's during the day. Indian summer at it's finest. I got all my next winter's wood cut split and piled. Now I can play. Snuck up on a flock of Canada geese today and got one. The leaves are at their peak and look wonderful. Time to start walking around looking for ruffed grouse and deer sign. Come November 7 on vacation for 2 weeks of hunting and relaxing, can't wait.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Can't figure it out....felt like a 100 or so out there yesterday, been expecting it to look like this: