marlin 30-30

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

marlin 30-30

Post by Bronco »

I have a model 30AS serial number 1504xxxx. I haven't found any reference to the particular model. Is it the same as a 336? It has a round bolt and cross bolt safety. The barrel is 20 inches and it has a full length tube. Any info would be helpful.

This might be a double post. If so, sorry.
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Re: marlin 30-30

Post by TomF »

Your Marlin is an entry level or low end offering. It is a fine gun and will perform as any other Marlin. It should have a forend cap on a birch stock, and a forward barrel band. These are still being made today.

TomF
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

The Brophy book says:
1984-1988 was a replacement for the Glenfield Model 30AS (identical)
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Thanks for the help. Will a schematic for a 336 be the same as for a 30? Are parts interchangeable? Is the model 30 considered entry level because of the birch, rather than walnut stock?
Again, my thanks.
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

With the exception of some cosmetic details, the Glenfields are, in fact, 336s. Every mechanical part is interchangeable.