win 88 carbine

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

win 88 carbine

Post by big bear »

Anybody have any experience with the carbine version of the Win88? I have a post 64 88 rifle in 308, quite pleased with it. Thanks for your thoughts.
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Re: win 88 carbine

Post by Buffboy »

I have a buddy that has an 88 carbine in 243. It gets handed over to me about every four/five years out of the last 30 for a detail strip/cleaning. Of course, I get to play with it a bit while I have it. Last time was about a year ago. I've shot that little carbine quite a bit. I wish I could find one at a price I could afford but for the last 30 years the prices has been escalating faster than my disposable income and they ain't common finds in any event. His is quite accurate, is a very handy size, and will never be for sale by him.

I keep hinting to him about making sure I'm remembered in his will :wink: but considering his age and mine that's not a likely or welcome alternative.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by big bear »

Thanks for reply,I'm on the trail of a carbine right now, this eggs me on!
Cruise
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cruise »