Lack of ML kits

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Lack of ML kits

Post by Andrew »

I stopped at Bass Pro yesterday and couldn't find the build kits they had the last time I was there. All they had were a Traditions starter kit, a Knight starter kit(which was actually priced nice, I just want a traditional instead), and a Traditions revolver starter kit(.44 cal w/ 7 1/2 octagon).

The pistol was void of a top-strap and had a brass frame so I put it back on the shelf, where it could stay for all I care. It did have a sub par finish to it that would be fun to buff out to a nice shine, but I want a sturdier framed pistol to shoot if I was to get one.

I was hoping for the Lyman .50 cal side-lock pistol kit they had last time, I was gonna give it a nice home. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

M L kits

Post by JerryB »

Cal Dixie Gun Works in Union City Tenn. They will have what you want.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Mike S.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Mike S. »

I was just at Scheel's yesterday and saw build kits, not sure if they have those stores down your way or not. Otherwise, Cabela's sells them.

Mike
Ysabel Kid

Re: M L kits

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JerryB wrote:Cal Dixie Gun Works in Union City Tenn. They will have what you want.
+1 on Dixie Gun Works. You can't go wrong with them! :D
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

If you want traditional try Pecatonica River Long Guns.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

You might also try Track of the Wolf. They carry higher end stuff but you won't be sorry with the results.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

This guy is highly regarded as well. I have dealt with Jack Garner on the phone and he is one of those good ole boys who will take of you. I am having one of his Early Lancaster kits assembled by a local builder:

Edit: gave the wrong site the first time:
http://www.tennesseevalleymanufacturing.com/index.php
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
fred45
Levergunner

ML kits

Post by fred45 »

I am working on a 20ga smooth bore flint from Track of the Wolf, Great kit!!!! check them on line, you can order rifles and smooth bores as plain and as fancy as you want.
8) I am in Springfield MO, you?