POLITICS - How many guns should you be allowed to own?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

POLITICS - How many guns should you be allowed to own?

Post by AJMD429 »

From http://thecelebritycafe.com/features/17141.html

"However, who needs five guns, honestly? Does he really think that his “enemies” are going to come after him and Heidi?"

Well, well, now. FIVE guns is too many for these two people, so I guess we should all own less than 2-1/2 guns apiece.

Keep in mind this comment was in an "entertainment" publication which I suppose is the likes of "People" and "Entertainment Weekly" on the net.

But these people VOTE... :shock:

THIS is the opinion the television-heads have of guns. Cool to have in "action" movies, but bad and evil in the real world.

I'm sure these people also just LOVE Obama, because he's "for change" and it bolsters their insecurity about themselves to be for a candidate who is a "minority," regardless of what his political stance is. After all, isn't it all just a GAME, just one big story, like on television? Nobody REALLY gets killed, or gets their life ruined, or family destroyed, in a dictatorship. I KNOW that's true, because even though there were those fake ovens in "Shindler's List" - I saw the "extra features" part of the DVD, and all those actors are REALLY STILL ALIVE! So the "holocaust" was really just a story.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Political - How many guns should you be allowed to own?

Post by awp101 »

Only five? Between two people?

Pikers...
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
marlin shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by marlin shooter »

Only 5 between 2 people? My wife has more then that. What about mine? :shock:
Karl
CindyLea
Levergunner

Post by CindyLea »

As many as I dang well Please!!! :twisted: Plus a few extra just for good measure. HEHEHEH
Start setting limits like that and you are only giving the elected folks in the governmanet the idea we are falling into line with the other sheeple. It will only bolster their confidence to make other assinine, limits on our freedoms.

Check this out and from Utah even, some people are scarey.
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9662672

Walsh: Time to grow up and put your guns away

My 20-month-old nephew loves Elmo and Dora. He also has started making explosion and gunfire noises.
I get the inevitability of little boys' fascination with guns.
What I can't figure out are the men and sometimes women who don't grow out of the gun-crazy stage of childhood, who need to have a handgun on their hips at all times, who need their neighbors to notice.
Ten of them stormed the West Valley City Council meeting last week to back up Travis Deveraux, a 36-year-old credit card company worker, who was detained by police in December while exercising with his Smith & Wesson.
"I don't blame them for being a little bit extra careful," Deveraux said. "But there's a line they crossed between being a little bit careful and a little bit too careful."
I thought there was no such thing as "too careful" - especially with a gun. But the OpenCarry crowd's literal interpretation of the "right to bear arms" and self-appointment as our "well-regulated militia" undercuts careful law enforcement, membership in a civil society and even reason.
It's in the Constitution, their thinking goes. They are "peaceably going about their business while armed," standing on the watchtower, the last line of defense against government tyranny and crazed criminals. We should thank them.
I understand the thrill of firing a Glock

(I've done it), the euphoria of hitting the center of a target (and that, too), generations of family deer-hunting weekends and the legitimate self-preservation instincts of Utah's elected concealed weapon carriers.
But the OpenCarry movement is a mystery to me. What kind of psychology - overcompensation, paranoia, antisocial personality - is behind that thinking?
Steven Gunn, an attorney and board member of the Gun Violence Prevention Center of Utah, believes it's pure ego.
"We have inconsiderate boors walking around on the street carrying firearms openly," says Gunn. "I don't think they are truly afraid for their safety. Most of them are trying to make a statement about the Second Amendment."
Anthropologist Charles Springwood says open carriers are trying to "naturalize the presence of guns, which means that guns become ordinary, omnipresent and expected. Over time, the gun becomes a symbol of ordinary personhood."
OpenCarry.org, run by two Virginia gun lovers, claims 4,000 members nationwide. According to the Legal Community Against Violence in San Francisco, just seven states prohibit packing in public and eight restrict carrying handguns openly without a permit.
Utah's OpenCarry activists put on a show for the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago, trying to appear warm and fuzzy, shopping at Costco, just like you and me - but with their handguns flapping in the breeze. They meet once a month at restaurants like Denny's and Sweet Tomatoes to socialize.
"We don't want to show up and say, 'Hey, we're here, we're armed, get used to it,' " Kevin Jensen told the Times reporter.
But that's just what the showdown in West Valley City was about. The cowed mayor and City Council members referred the case to the officers' professional standards review board.
Police are struggling to strike a balance between gun owners' rights and those of the rest of us.
"There has to be some common sense on their part, too; they have to take into consideration the concern that they cause other citizens," says Layton Police Chief Terry Keefe. "I do not walk around when I'm off-duty with a weapon displayed."
Salt Lake City Police Chief Chris Burbank would rather gun owners get concealed weapon permits than carry openly.
"In light of Trolley Square, mall shootings, school shootings, anyone walking around with a gun potentially creates a lot of phone calls for us," Burbank says. "How do you expect an officer to deal with that - other than to point a gun at them and go through the process [of elimination]? There's no other way to make that determination safely without putting officers at risk."
Utah lawmakers set up this stalemate when they wrote the state's anything-goes concealed weapon law. They deliberately left open a loophole for those who carry their guns out in the open. Under Utah law, open carriers must be 18 years old and keep their bullets out of the chamber. That's it. No training, no background check required.
"Second Amendment questions aside," says Springwood, a professor at Illinois Wesleyan University, "the real debate seems to me a cultural and social one: Do we want a society in which it is an unconscious emblem of everyday life that folks move about with 'portable killing machines' strapped to their bodies?"
Legislators already have made that decision for us; we're living in the modern heart of the wild, wild West.
walsh@sltrib.com
Hobie

Re: POLITICS - How many guns should you be allowed to own?

Post by Hobie »

My wife's father used to ask her, "just how many records can you listen to at one time?" So now she's said, "just how many guns can you shoot at one time?" So, how many DVDs, CDs, TVs, cars, motorcycles, shirts, pants, shoes, handbags, etc. can you use at one time? You'd think the answer would be clear, but it is not to these people. It never will be. They are "artists" and think with an artist's mind, i.e. emotion, not logic.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

How many guns should I be allowed to own? As many as I want. It is no one's business how many guns, or lawn mowers, or pianos, or pencils, or anything else, I own. If they get all upset 'cause the Jones's own more guns and/or BMW's, than they do, then dadgummit, go out and by some more and quit whining. I could care less if my next door neighbor owns a barn full of guns, or WW II fighter planes, or salt and pepper shakers, or whatever. Matter of fact, I'd prefer he owned a barn full of guns rather than salt and pepper shakers, because a barn full of guns is a lot more interesting to look at.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

As many as I can make &/or buy.

How many bullets do their heads "need to cease functioning"?

Apparantly none... :evil:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Bob A
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bob A »

What do you meen "Allowed?"
Allowed by who?

Bob A
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

How many guns should you be allowed to own?

All of them.

Mine. All mine.

:D
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

allowed ??? :lol: :lol: in TEXAS :lol: :lol:

pete
DAV life member.
flatnose
Levergunner 3.0

Post by flatnose »

The words of allowed and freedom dont seem to go together too well. Allowances are not a big feature in my way of seeing things.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

the logical reply is as many as you can afford
Dewight
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dewight »

Three! A rifle that will accept a 20 round magazine (may substitute M1 Garand), a pistol/revolver at least .40 cal, shotgun 20ga or larger.

Oh! I thought the question was how many fire arms you should be required to own?
Member: Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

More than I need but not as many as I want!!! :lol: 8)

It is sad that I have seen people that will hear about things like this and think that it is law. I have known a few that believe that if you live in an urban area, you don't need a gun. I believe that those individuals are either not capable of thinking for themselves much less everyone else yet they believe in safety, go figure.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Hobie, if they are artists, then perhaps we should ask them how many paint brushes should they be allowed to own.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

rjohns94 wrote:Hobie, if they are artists, then perhaps we should ask them how many paint brushes should they be allowed to own.
Or canvases, or... yeah, cameras, or how many times do you have to open your yap on a TV show. They don't get that one right supports another and think the 1st amendment (which is really about POLITICAL speech despite what John McCain thinks) is the be all end all and needs nobody backing it up.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Well, we can only fire one at a time, so having dozens in the safe doesn't affect public safety.

It's interesting that they're sitting around thinking about what we keep in our closets. Of course, when the subject is what they keep in their closets, oh my...
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

That Rebecca Walsh has a nice face, and a good mouth too. Too bad her brain doesn't have the stuff in it that would make that part of her appealing to the average Levergunner. Just another brain washed pinko liberal democrat, probably waiting to vote for Obama.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

I would ask "How many guns should you be required to own?"

I truly believe that every adult head of household in the country should be required to own a working firearm and a supply of ammunition to suit it. Exceptions should be made for folks currently serving hard time.

The Gubbermint should supply a single shot shotgun and a box of ammo to anyone who can't afford to buy their own.

It would be noisy as all get out for about a week.

Then a noticeable decrease in crime and a corresponding increase in politeness would happen.

Almost like magic....

Jack
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Bob A wrote:What do you meen "Allowed?"
Allowed by who?

Bob A
You hit it right dude!----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

When people ask me how many guns I have, I usually respond "more than I need but not nearly as many as I want". I usually elaborate that I am the sole "determiner" of both my "needs" and "wants"! As Kirk and others noted, the state has not compelling interest - or shouldn't have - in how much of anything a law-abiding citizen has or wants.

Heck, my son had more than 5 guns set aside for him (to me they are his; to the state, since he's a minor, they are mine) and he is only 10!

Once we let the state determine how much of anything we "need", expect it to do away in increments. This includes the freedom of speech, assembly, religion, etc. :evil:
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Allowed? Seems to me we had a little war about 230years ago so that we didnt have to live by anothers leave. :twisted:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

JReed wrote:Allowed? Seems to me we had a little war about 230years ago so that we didnt have to live by anothers leave. :twisted:

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.

Is there anything of which one can say,
"Look! This is something new"?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.

Ecclesiastes 1:9-10
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Shatterhand »

Watch out for those trying to limit your ownership! They have been rather successful here, and hunters are not allowed to own more than six long gun.

Just now I have found a nice old Husky sidelock shotgun, and have the unpleasant task to sell one of my already six guns to make place for the sidelock. Our neighbours in Finland and Norway do not have these limitations, but do still not shoot more at each other.

During the midsummer feast days there have been a couple of shootings here, but as usual it were criminals with illegal guns. Licenced gunowners very seldom use their gun illegitmely, as the average citizen doesn't ever dream of commiting a crime or of shooting thier neighbours. Limitation does not stop criminals from making crime, but makes a lot of unpleasant difficulties for the honest citizens.

Old Sh.
Winchester model 88 .308 WCF
Winchester model 71 .348 WCF
Nate Kiowa Jones
Site Sponsor

Post by Nate Kiowa Jones »

To those folks there in Utah that are worried about the Armed citizens, I think is Thomas Jefferson quote is appropriate.

"False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from man because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils, except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm those only who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Can it be supposed that those who have the courage to violate the most sacred laws of humanity, will respect the less important arbitrary ones....and which, if strictly obeyed would put a end to personal liberty?....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence
than a armed man."
-Thomas Jefferson
Steve Young aka Nate Kiowa Jones Sass# 6765

Steve's Guns aka "Rossi 92 Specialists"
205 Antler lane
Lampasas, Texas 76550

http://www.stevesgunz.com

Email; steve@stevesgunz.com

Tel: 512-564-1015

Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

How many automobiles?
How many hammers?
How many televisions?
How many pliers?
How many computers?
How many kitchen knives?
How many tupperware containers?

. . .

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

"Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war." -- Psalms 144

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption for authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the People against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who MEAN to govern well, but THEY MEAN TO GOVERN. They promise to be good masters, but THEY MEAN TO BE MASTERS. " DANIEL WEBSTER U. S. Senator New York (circa 1850)

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable ... The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" (George Washington)

"The prohibition is general. No clause in the Constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give to Congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretense by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both." [William Rawle, A View of the Constitution 125-6 (2nd ed. 1829)

"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms." (Tench Coxe in Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution' under the Pseudonym A Pennsylvanian' in the Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789 at 2 col. 1)

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside... Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them..."-- THOMAS PAINE, I Writings of Thomas Paine at 56 (1894)

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243- 244)

"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American. .. The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people" (Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788)

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426) (Ed: IMO he is absolutely right... it is those whowould deign to "rule" who should be disarmed... to have no arms personally nor by hire. Their survival should be dependant on their dedication no non-agression/non-oppression, not a personal goon squad...)

...when you disarm them (your subjects) you offend them by showing that either from cowardliness or lack of faith, you distrust them; and either conclusion will induce them to hate you. Niccolo Machiavelli - "The Prince" ch 20 P2

Civilized people are taught by logic, barbarians by necessity, communities by tradition; and the lesson is inculcated even in wild beasts by nature itself. They learn that they have to defend their own bodies and persons and lives from violence of any and every kind by all means in their power. – Cicero
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

too many is just right...
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
centershot
Levergunner 2.0
Location: Wandering in the abyss of progressive liberal Nu Yorkistan

Post by centershot »

ALL OF THEM!!!

centershot
"All who wander are not lost."
J. R. R. Tolkien
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

On this side of the Pond we have to increase our security if we have over a certain number of guns, the individual police forces seem to decide how many we can have before we turn our homes into "secure bank vaults" The dumbest thing is that even if you legally own a powerful rifle like a .458 you still have to "beg" for a .22LR and each gun has to have a specific use, so if you have a .22 squirrel rifle already, the police will want a good reason why you require another rifle in the same caliber. It can take a couple of months before the police send back your firearm certificate with the permission to buy another gun. Likewise they even put on your certificate how much ammo you can buy and keep. :( :x

My advice to you guys is, don't give an inch! We went from virtually no gun laws to virtually no guns in a very short time! :evil:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

Sixgun wrote:
Allowed by who?

Bob A

Agree with this 100%
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

How many should we own??? As many as it takes to pi$$ Them off! (Wait a minute - that's probably only one...)
Tom
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

AndyM wrote:
Sixgun wrote:
Allowed by who?

Bob A

Agree with this 100%
Every time we fill out the NICS paperwork we are asking permission. Crime goes on..... Go figure.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

jhrosier wrote:I would ask "How many guns should you be required to own?"

I truly believe that every adult head of household in the country should be required to own a working firearm and a supply of ammunition to suit it. Exceptions should be made for folks currently serving hard time.

Jack
I once lived in a small town in Catron County, NM that required every person above age 21 to carry at least one firearm everywhere they went other than a bank, bar, or inside the school grounds. They also required, this was around 1995, that every democrat in the town had to register at the court house(I am not making this up.) It was a nice place to live but maybe too extreme.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

morgan in nm wrote: I once lived in a small town in Catron County, NM that required every person above age 21 to carry at least one firearm everywhere they went other than a bank, bar, or inside the school grounds. They also required, this was around 1995, that every democrat in the town had to register at the court house(I am not making this up.) It was a nice place to live but maybe too extreme.
Is it still like that? Do they need a doctor? Why exempt the bank and bar (as long as you stay sober)? Why didn't they have the guts to defy federal law and mandate carry on the school grounds? Why did they even allow Democrats to live there? (Not that I'm thrilled with what passes for a 'Republican' these days.)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

morgan in nm wrote:
jhrosier wrote:I would ask "How many guns should you be required to own?"

Jack
I once lived in a small town in Catron County, NM that required every person above age 21 to carry at least one firearm everywhere they went other than a bank, bar, or inside the school grounds. They also required, this was around 1995, that every democrat in the town had to register at the court house(I am not making this up.) It was a nice place to live but maybe too extreme.
As heavenly as that sounds, I can/could no more support that than the inverse.

It's still Government telling you what you can and cannot do... malum prohibitum... and that is anathema to Liberty.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

JReed wrote:Allowed? Seems to me we had a little war about 230years ago so that we didnt have to live by anothers leave. :twisted:

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Don
That's what I'm talking about :!:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
TCB in TN
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TCB in TN »

Man after reading that I am really upset. I guess I need to go buy another gun! :twisted:
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

AJMD429 wrote:
morgan in nm wrote: I once lived in a small town in Catron County, NM that required every person above age 21 to carry at least one firearm everywhere they went other than a bank, bar, or inside the school grounds. They also required, this was around 1995, that every democrat in the town had to register at the court house(I am not making this up.) It was a nice place to live but maybe too extreme.
Is it still like that? Do they need a doctor? Why exempt the bank and bar (as long as you stay sober)? Why didn't they have the guts to defy federal law and mandate carry on the school grounds? Why did they even allow Democrats to live there? (Not that I'm thrilled with what passes for a 'Republican' these days.)
I really don't know if its still like that. I only lived there a year and in that time, they had some sort of anti-government demonstration every week. They started to attract neo-nazis and other seperatist groups and even made national news for burning the UN flag. The terrain was the most beutiful in NM with the best hunting of anywhere I have ever seen but the seperatists didn't appeal to me. It got to the point that I didn't go into the woods alone. They used to call it the county of 2500 people with 10,000 elk and countless deer, javelina, turkey, etc.. It was also 70 miles from the nearest grocery store so I imagine it would not be cheap to live there anymore. BTW, the town was called Reserve, NM.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Is it still like that? Do they need a doctor?
I would say yes.

From their web site:

MEDICAL FACILITIES

Catron County Medical Clinic is located in Reserve and has 1 doctor, 1 physicions assistant, 2 RNs and 2 LPNs. The Clinic also provides services in Quemado twice a month and there are EMT's and Amulance services in every community of Catron County.

The pool of patients is kind of slim however. The total population for the county is 3,749.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson