OT-In memory of my father

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

OT-In memory of my father

Post by jengel »

As some of you know, my dad died in June of 2006. He wanted his ashes spread on top of the hill to the east of the family farm that has been in the family since the early 1900's in Eastern Colorado. We thought that we needed to do something as a marker or memorial for him. About 6 months after my dad died, my mom started seeing someone else and my sister and I thought that as long as she was happy, that was OK with us (not that we had to like it). Since she started seeing him, he has not wanted to meet us, speak to us or allow us on the farm.

They got married sometime in June (we think) and he cannot stand anything of my father in the house that has been in the Engel family for years. My sister and I think that he is a con man and is out to get anything that he can out of my mother. He has turned my mom against my sister and I and our kids. We still has not wanted to meet us. She is 180 degrees from where she was before she met him. I haven't talked to my mom since July 4 when she told me that she got married on a whim one day. Upon investigation, the name that she calls her husband is not his real name. He has even convinced her to sell the farm sometime in the spring. My sister and I cannot go to the farm to put up a marker for my dad. We decided to buy a memorial bench and put it in front of the only business that is in Agate Colorado, the US Post Office. My great aunt was the post master there for many, many years. It was not hard to get permission. He helped out the post office by mowing the grass for a few years before he died of cancer. We got the bench put up last weekend. It is solid concrete and weighs over 500lbs. I think it will last through anything that mother nature, or my mom, can throw at it.

I just thought I would let ya'll know what has been bothering me for several month. My sister will still be here to pick up the pieces when my mom opens her eyes and sees what she got into.
My great aunt and I.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

That a wonderful tribute to your Dad! Truly sorry for your loss and further troubles Jengle.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

That is a really nice memorial and quite a thoughtful monument to your Dad!
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

that is a wonderfully monument for your Dad
I hope all works out for you and sister
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba »

Get a lawyer...........
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

DEMOCRATS: PORK OVER PATRIOTISM
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba wrote:Get a lawyer...........
Well, there is nothing that we can do about it. She already married him and now anything that they do as a couple, he gets at least 50%. The bad thing is, he has no job to help support her. I fear if something happens to her, we won't hear about it. She is an assistant manager at a WalMart on the front range south of Denver.
BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba »

jengel wrote:
BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba wrote:Get a lawyer...........
Well, there is nothing that we can do about it. She already married him and now anything that they do as a couple, he gets at least 50%. The bad thing is, he has no job to help support her. I fear if something happens to her, we won't hear about it. She is an assistant manager at a WalMart on the front range south of Denver.
Even if, as you say, he's married under a false name? You'll be doing your Mom a favor by blowing him out of the water, game wise, that is...not literally. :oops:
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

DEMOCRATS: PORK OVER PATRIOTISM
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

If I get out that way for pheasants this year, I will stop by and sit with your dad for a moment. that was a very nice thing to do.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Your Dad would be proud!
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

dkmlever wrote:If I get out that way for pheasants this year, I will stop by and sit with your dad for a moment. that was a very nice thing to do.
Hey, thanks. It is right at the intersection as you drive into Agate, at the post office. If you hunt birds out my way, send an email. I have access to plenty of ground (several thousand acres).
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

That's a very nice and thoughtful memorial to your Dad. Sorry to hear of the troubles. Unfortunately, not an uncommon one. My wife's Dad is in a similar situation, only he didn't marry the woman, she just had him declared incompetent and herself named caretaker. Enough said, makes me spittin' mad to see this done to a proud and strong man. My prayers are with ya.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

You're a good man. Good on you. God bless you and your family.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jengel -

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father, and the problems that some interloper has caused. People that come between a parent and their children really need to be taken out to the woodshed, worked over, and never come back. JMHO...

That is a great tribute to your Dad, and I am sure he would be proud. Great attitude too - ready to be there for your mom when she comes to her senses, or when the carpet-bagger finally gets all he think he can and moves on to his next victim... :evil:
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

jengel,

That scumbag will one day have to meet his maker, I have an idea it won't be so pleasant for him. You set a fine example, bravo!
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Maybe you could arrange a trip to Florida for your mom and her new hubby. We could take him gator huntin.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

Your father would be proud of you for the fitting tribute that you have paid him. Our prayers are with you as you go through these troubled times in your family.
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Rusty wrote:Maybe you could arrange a trip to Florida for your mom and her new hubby. We could take him gator huntin.

Rusty <><
It is really tempting guys. A friend of mine here in town said that I should take him out to the pasture for a "talk". From what I understand, the guy is about 5'5" and 120lbs. I am 6'4" and about 250lbs, trained in several forms of defensive tactics. It sounds good but I think that an elected office might be in my future in the next few years. I don't want to ruin that.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

I am sure your dad smiles down on his bench. I sure hope everything else works out for your family. 1886.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Beautiful memorial for your Dad, you and your sister really did well.
Sorry to hear about all of the problems with your mom, hopefully the guy will continue to be a jerk and she will come to her senses.
Jim
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
copen
Levergunner

Post by copen »

jengel....I've heard there are actually people who keep an eye on the obituaries seaching for such "opportunities".
I was gonna suggest takin him huntin,but trollin for gators does sound
good. :twisted:
Beautiful memorial. Be proud. Your Dad would be.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

seriously!

Post by hfcable »

you need an attorney and a private investigator! if the name he used is false, then he may even still be married to someone else and the marriage might not even be legal; and maybe there are even warrants out against him, in his real name. even using a false name may be a basis to anull the marriage. PLEASE find out, for all you know yo may be saving the farm and who knows, perhaps your mother's life.
Please get someone on this; you and your sister are extremely admirable peoople, and i am sure your father was proud of you always. Still, you owe him one more act of devotion in an attempt to straighten this mess out.
God bless you!
cable