OT - Unreal

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - Unreal

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I didn't want to hijack Scott's post on his dog.

Mrs. YK and I have two long-haired miniature dachshunds, a brother and sister (Ruger and Remi), who we got to replace our prior dog, also a long-haired wiener-dog (Copper). We've had them just over 7 years. The female, Remi, has had the "normal" back issues inherent with the breed, especially since she is on the chunky side (17 pounds). But a month ago, when we got back from vacation, Y2K (our son) mentioned that she had to pee constantly and had several accidents at his place. She never has accidents.

Well, we had her home and this kept happening, so Mrs. YK took her to the vet. She was diagnosed with stones - bladder stones (versus kidney stones). The vet prescribed her some medication to hopefully break up the stones, so she could pass them. But in less than a week, with the issue getting much worse, we elected to have the surgery to remove them.

Remember, this is a 17-lb MINIATURE dachshund. A small dog. Here is what the vet pulled out:

No way she would have ever passed those! I hurt just looking at them. Our vet said he's never seen anything this size in a dog so small (or even a big dog).

Remi (short for Remington) is doing much better. The incision has almost healed. Amazing how fast dogs recover!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Unreal

Post by Grizz »

That's amazing. What happened to the photo rule about posting dog photos?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

At first I was thinking you were going to say she developed diabetes. Dogs tend to age/go down hill faster with that.
I'm glad she is on the mend! :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Ouch, glad Remi is recovering... :)
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Ouch..........

Jay, I'd suggest that a change of food is needed -- ask the vet for a recommendation.

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Strange thing is that her brother eats the same food (when he can get past her!). No issues (that we know of), and we do feed them good dog food (no Chinese stuff)... plus quite a few treats from our dishes. :oops:
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

OWIE! OWIE! OWIE! OWIE! :cry:
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Holy cow! That looks awful.
Happy it’s all worked out.

jb 8)