I just watched this on the telly.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

I just watched this on the telly.....

Post by Ray »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DerXebNxa ... cmlib3U%3D

Bob Foulkrod hunts canadian caribou with model '94.....
m.A.g.a. !
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Re: I just watched this on the telly.....

Post by Drawdown »

I recorded that, most his shows back in summer. Always admired BF, believe he's old school great hunter! Also an episode where he takes a Blk Bear with an 1886 45/70, I think I remember that right? But all his shows have been good. Loved him showing how he practiced at home with all his rifles in prep for his hunts! I need to watch these again, they're better most anything else I've seen! Hope he continues these, and with his iron sighted levers! They where on The Pursuit Channel.
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

One thing I'd like to point out,that's obvious on that show? He took a 2nd shot to finish the caribou. I actually thought ar first he might have missed his first shot by the bous reaction, but before the 2nd shot you can see blood on the bous nose and mouth, so no doubt a mid lung first shot, I'd say. His 2nd shot is a high shoulder shot, and it hit the ground like a wet dish rag. I've dropped all my deer except one, with that same high shoulder shot, literally in their tracks with either a Win PP or Rem CL, 50yds or less. Only deer I ever lost with a 30-30, was 2020, at 75yds, a mid lung shot, 150gr Sierra SP. I believe the trauma of a HS Shot with a either a 150gr but especially a 170gr SP, I've used both, is devastating death to deer, from the 30-30!
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Fine film!
Screenshot 2023-10-17 092859 BobF caribou hunt.png
Two things resonate with me, the aluminum skiff is, I believe, a Lund. One of the most bestest and safest boats on the water. I trusted our lives to them for decades of open water use. Strongly recommend.
And note where the skiff gun rides. Even in salt water the gun is right to hand. Good times, good memories.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.