What did you carry today?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JBowen
Levergunner 2.0

What did you carry today?

Post by JBowen »

I went woods loafing today looking for deer sign. There is plenty of Red Oak and Post Oak acorns but no White Oak acorns this year. Seen a lot of tracks, but it is still too early to see rubs and scraps.
I was carrying my 9422 but never fired a shot. Didn't see any game at all, as is was very windy today with a front coming in.

JBowen
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: What did you carry today?

Post by AJMD429 »

Lol since tomorrow is the day the nasty people threatened to do nasty stuff, I carried my usual 9mm with spare mag on my belt plus 9 more in car-bag, along with a 223 modern sporting carbine and a dozen loaded for that, plus hearing protectors.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Tomorrow is said to be "global jihad day" ! Will definitely be toting something that goes bang and keeps going bang !

This morning in the predawn I was refreshing the salt/soda/jello/pudding lick after a much needed rain shower and was carrying a 21 shot .22tcm9r self-loader. Would have felt just as safe with a heavy sixgun but the tcm is incredibly light and flat in the right-side aft pocket.
m.A.g.a. !
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

My usual 1911 with a .45 acp AMT Backup. The wife pretty much carries her Glock 42 all the time.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Springfield Ronin. Basically a lightweight Commander in .45 with an extra magazine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Not much jihad around here, but yesterday I had my Ronin on. Mine is a 9mm, however.
We spent the night up to camp last night. About as slim a chance of jihad there as Antarctica, but I had my Python with me. Plus there is an old model 68 Winchester we leave up there for plinking or small game.
Tonight, it's off to work in the "big city", 50 miles away. I will have my usual Glock 19 and a couple mags. Maybe a carbine in the scabbard.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

SIG 229 DAK (its a big pistol still, but i like the hammerless profile )

I thought of the proclamations for this day (10-13-2023 - in case anyone is reading this thread in 10 years ) - and briefly considered tossing an AR and my mag carrier in the truck --- but my daily wanderings consisted of a trip to Tractor Supply for mini pig and dog food, lunch at a Mexican place with a business associate and a trip to the bank drive thru for a deposit

Even with my (secondhand) involvement in a shooting a few months back i didnt feel the need to arm up anymore in my location
----- Doug