Morning Meal

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Morning Meal

Post by COSteve »

I was out for a walk in our valley this morning with the pups and we saw this good sized bobcat catching his breakfast. Luckily for us, he was concentrating on the rabbit and not on my 2 small dogs.

8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Re: Morning Meal

Post by 4t5 »

Now that’s something you don’t see every day !
Rumble.com/ hickock45
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Around here they like to eat house cats.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

We supposedly have them here, I've not seen one, show me a body and I'll believe it.
The state F&G say they don't exist here but ya can shoot one if you see one as they are not "game" but we don't have them.
I remember finding a lion track in the snow in my driveway when I lived in SoCO. I didn't let the dog out alone after that!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

When we first moved to our valley in 1996 (from about 1 1/2 miles east of it outside the valley), we had a cat and the kids were small. One morning after the first snow, I was in the yard and saw a feline paw print about 4" across and realized we had mountain lions in our valley.

After that, I started calling the cat "Hors d'oeuvre" and the kids hated it once their mom explained what it was. :D But we also never let the cat out after dark again.

As to the bobcat, we've also got large mule deer, elk, a couple of moose, red foxes, bobcats, coyotes, mountain lions, bears and all sorts of rabbits, squirrels, etc. As for flying beings, we've also got a couple of golden eagles nests, falcons, hawks, humming birds and bats besides the garden variety wild birds.

Living in a isolated valley with no commercial businesses and lots of open space is great for seeing wildlife. The problem is that you have to be on the lookout all the time when you're driving as a lot of them hang out in the street and don't run from the cars.

And then there's the issue of every spring, picking up the tons of deer and elk poop in your yard! :lol:
Steve
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Steve, gather that deer and elk poop in buckets and dig it into your tomato beds, then stand back. The year I tried it -- driving all the way up to the edge of Crater Lake National Park to gather elk poop from on top of the snow -- YES, I AM CERTIFIABLE -- I had Brandywines so big the slices dwarfed the hamburger patties.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

You don't know how many times we've and our neighbors have tried to grow vegetable gardens and the deer, elk, rabbits, birds and whatever eat them before they get a chance to even flower. We've put chicken wire around and on top of them and still they get in and eat them.
Steve
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Steve, I had to put up a serious deer fence around my garden in the mountains of southern Oregon, but it worked. The dang turkeys, however, were another matter ... :evil: