Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by Old Savage »

Ok .22 Combos. The Win 9422 XTR Classic and the Colt .22 SAA

Or a Colt 45 and 22
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Never thought we would be talking plates etc but we have the whole “combo” set with all kinds of stuff since 1975.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Jay I'll pay good money for your Stevens especially if it comes with a thousand rounds of .32 rimfire... :D

I gotta tell you guys this...you know I've been hooked on these road trip videos, well I just stumbled on one by "GhettoMerica" they were in Kensington Philadelphia, I strongly recommend googling this video as I couldn't believe my eyes. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

And on the combo idea on my sig pic you see a Rossi/Colt 45 but I have thought a 357 Rifle and 45 SA made sense. But I could also go 357 Rossi Trapper and 357 Ruger Flat top in the new version.

But then what I posted was the Ruger 32/20.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Think I have 2 boxes for the Steven's. I've never fired it, but it's really clean and has a mint bore. I put a little Steven's set together for my son about 25 years ago. I got a nice round barrel 1915 Steven's in .22 (the 32 is octagon) and Tip Up pistol in .22 also. You'll have to deal with my kid for the 32. Sorry bud...... he's a scary dude. Ask Six. :D

OS.
I like those Phalzgraf dishes. My parents gave the complete brown set. Had em since I was a kid.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Gk, on the combo, these ladies were visiting from Jolly Olde. Wanted to see they had a good time. :wink:

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OS if you ain't over paid over sexed and over here your stealing our women over there.... :roll: ....... :lol:

Jay are those .32 rimfire the later manufactured stuff or original shells from the 1880s :?:

I just found more videos on life in Philadelphia.... Better than watching the Walking Dead... :o

g-i-_war_brides_poster.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

They aren't that old. They are old......but not OLD. They are Peter's Rustless if I remember correctly.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

OldWin wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:31 am They aren't that old. They are old......but not OLD. They are Peter's Rustless if I remember correctly.
I saw a guy on YouTube trying some in a an old S&W tip up and only one went off but they were antique... I thing Navy arms had some made in Brazil awhile back.
My Marlin tip up .32 has very thin cylinder walls but the Crescent Arms with the bone grips looks good to go.... except for no ammo, there are kits for making ammo but for what it is it just ain't worth it. I'm hoping to trade both of them for a muzzle loader of some sort..
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hey…hey…hey!!!! A 25 Stevens? I have turned down super deals over the years on obsolete rimfires just for the reason I could not shoot them as much as I wanted……An 1892 Marlin…as new….new…..$700….couldn’t shoot it so I let it go…….

I’m having lots of fun with the “combo posts”………watch later….I got some funny ones coming up…you guys will take it as funny….
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

No news other than it's stopped raining and temps back in the 70s and I got the grass mown, exciting no....
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I mowed too. I was getting long and wasn't completely dry, but it ain't gonna be no dryer over the next few days.
We have the granddaughter over night. Been a long time since there's been a baby here overnight.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey…hey…hey….,.where did everybody go?……..I ain’t been nowhere, much like the nowhere man from the Beatles.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

My combo is the 25-20 and 32-20.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

This is more like my idea of a Combo gun.... :D
Normaldrilling.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup!
I'll never forget, we were hunting on my mom's aunts old farm out in Starks one year when I was in HS. It was pouring rain, and I felt bad having my old 94 carbine out in it. I came out in a small grown over field and there's this guy standing there with a beautiful Drilling. It was heavily engraved and just amazing. I commented that it was too bad to have that out in that weather. His reply was that "Ain't no good to me if I can't use it". My answer was, "Then you obviously got it for free".
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You can’t hurt em unless you throw in a river for a couple of months. I hunted with one of my 86’s in 33 since 1975….litterly hundreds of times and it don’t look no different than it did when I bought it. Used 86’s and the ‘95 I sold Jays son during elk hunts in Colorado in blinding snowstorms
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Biden from Delaware too, ain't he?
Coincidence......? I think not. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Yea….Biden from De….

TV is getting to the point where there is 7 minutes of the show and 5 minutes of commercials……..I’ve been timing it…….in the beginning of a show there is 10 minutes uninterrupted ……….towards the end of a show where your waiting for the grand finale, it’s 5 minutes on and 5 off.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. That's why i don't watch any network tv. I stream old shows. They are better, and I don't have to deal with commercials.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

The only stream I know is out back and it’s full of snappin turtles. For real, last week I was using this long pronged rake getting rocks out of the stream and then I felt a big rock……water was murky………I said to myself, “dang I cleaned this section out last week.” and when I pulled the rake up that’s all I saw were 4 legs going a mile a minute……..dang thing must have weighed 20 pounds. ……then I passed gas and I felt better.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! Where’s Old Savage? Doom and gloom coming to Southern Cal…..never heard of anything like that on the west coast……FRED? Where is you?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I don't know. Hopefully he's ok. There's a lot of crazies out there.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

This whole country is going down the tubes. They just passed a bill here that all employers have to PAY employees for that 12 weeks FMLA leave. So basically, everyone just got an extra 12 weeks vacation. That should bring in a lot of business.
Now that im old, I don't care so much. If it keeps people out if here, that's good. I like it white and quiet. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yeah, I used to worry about the future but since retiring I have realized that not a single thing I do is going to change anything.
I have actively protested anti freedom legislation all my adult life and I now have a lot less freedom than when I started.... :roll:

Anyway Jay the YouTube road trip has visited New Hampshire and is now on its way to Maine but I have no idea where they will go, I sure hope they stop at Cornville .... :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

PAY for FMLA??!! I
I had one of the best, if not the best attendance record …..44 years I may have called in sick 8 times, if that…..

It’s all very simple, come in when you have to, be on time, do your job to the best of your ability, then go home…..and on June the 30th, 2016 I did just that….go home…….and haven’t returned, not even for a 30 second visit.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. I show up when I have to. I've had perfect attendance for 20 years in a row. I do as little as I need to. You only need to be a teeny bit better than the worst guy there. I got myself in a job and shift where I see the fewest people (no management), have no meetings, and time goes by the fastest.
Like you say, it's always the same ones. And they seem to love them. They let them do whatever they want, while the guys that work get taken advantage of.
No more.
I fully intend to take advantage of our new communist ruling. My parents are getting older and all.........

Hey GK!
I told you. They are saving the best for last. :D
I'm betting in reality they don't leave the coast.

I noticed when we went after the propane tank last week that the old lady's place on our north border is for sale again. Kristy and I looked at it back in 2017. A friend of mine built it in 1997. It has 80 acres of nice land and a couple nice garages. The old lady wanted 265k for it. We were like....NO WAY? In Brighton?
My son made an offer on the land but she wouldn't break it up.
A retired lobster fisherman from the coast bought it. My dad met him and he said he knew he overpaid for it. He has only had it for 6 years and is now asking 435k! :shock:
I FKN MAGINE!?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Real estate is where it’s at………don’t ever see it going down and it’s the first item that rebounds after a recession/depression. Of course, this don’t apply if you buy land in flood prone areas or in areas where the city is expanding…..get it?

But if you plan on dying at home, which we plan to do, it don’t make any sense as only your heirs will benefit from it…..

Perfect attendance? That’s saying something especially the distance you drive in crazy conditions…….wow! I only had four right hand turns to make with only two of those turns with stop signs…..in 1 point eight miles.

Another 2 acres to cut on my in-laws side………cutting grass is the only life I have……..at least I tell the truth…….as it is…….👺

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I usually don’t give a S about other peoples issues unless I know them……..I am concerned about Old Savage………but ya know, he lives in a solid stone building that’s earthquake strong so there should not be any issues……FRED?????

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Supposed to get a bunch of rain from Hillary. Came through this a couple miles from my place last night at the beginning. No problem, getting it all cleaned up. 12 hr seminar yesterday in Arcadia

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Predicting 6-10” of rain today and tomorrow. We’ll see, streets are flooded.

Seminar yesterday, 80 mph buzz down and 15-80 mph through traffic on the way back and through the mountains.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks Fred….for real, I’m not patronizing or acting out of my perceived character which is, well, you know……but I do care for helpless people and especially animals who are at our mercy…the domesticated ones…….I read where peoples dogs in Hawaii are walking around on stumps and that S eats me up…….but such is life…………I’d murder a person if they told me I HAD to leave my pets at home during some kind of a liberal evacuation. But we here can take care of ourselves. Heck, up in Jayland they just climb a tree, strap up, or ride it out in an old car….

Never could understand how a person would voluntarily leave a pet behind as to orders of the ones “who know better”.

With you guys having a typhoon it’s the same as us having an earthquake……….

Well, hope the best…..for real…………and on a lighter and brighter side, what do you call a rich black guy?…………a tycoon. 🤪

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Eye is supposed to come this way. Doubt when it gets here it will be much wind wise. The rain will cause mud slides in some places. Here it will just be inches of water. Over 2” now with the most to come. This will be the wettest August on record.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Six psychic? Earthquake here 5.1 93 miles from here. Felt it here.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Keep your head down OS.
Be on watch for looters. Better keep the belt fed handy in case of boarders and pirates.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Yeah take care OS and keep yer powder dry........
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,
If you like I’ll have my corporate Lear Jet pick up you, mom, and all of your pets to my landing strip…….

You’re good to go if the eye passes over you……unless, it’s the brown eye, or as some call it, the “chocolate starfish”. Up in Maine, deep in the woods, are special gathering places which they call “Starfish Hideouts”.

My son completed the Rubicon Trail…..there’s one way in and one way out…same direction……craaaazzzyyyy pictures but I’m ashamed to say my boy, whom I’ve taught about the longevity of purchased mechanical items and keeping your overhead low, could take an 80K+ Jeep with 5K miles on it over stupid terrain.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nah! Long as you don't drive stupid, and your rig is set up right, it's not hurting it. Now, you can always slip and get some body damage or rock rash. But, the truth is, there's a bigger chance of that happening in a Walmart parking lot or on the street.

Wheel on man!

Starfish hideout? I don't know nuthin bout that. :shock:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay,
You and I most always agree but this time you are WRONG…..you don’t take a new vehicle on a trail that shreds the undercarriage……
Luckily, he didn’t as he has lots of previous experience. In one pic he needed a yank from another driver…….pics are on moms Facebook page….if you can’t find them there just hit my sons page on moms page or however that stupid s works..

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ain’t that somethin’? My Rubi has virtually never been off pavement.

[
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Oh absolutely. I surely can be wrong. And, I can admit it. I'm not insecure at all.
There are absolutely trails that cannot be run without damage. I don't know as Rubicon is necessarily one of them. Since the blasting 10 or 15 years ago, the worst section is gone. Some of the other bad spots have bypasses. With deep enough gearing, you can go really slow over the real bad stuff. You will absolutely drag bottom, but that isn't damage per se.

What did he break or dent?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Nothing …….he was worried about some scraping on the oil pan but he found out after a thorough power washing it was just scratches…..he did say one time
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey…go look at my post on “cap gun combos”…..MM, a.k.a. Mr. Cultured Elitist from liberal land sure won’t respond……like I give a F.—00

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. Everyone is different when it comes to stuff like that. One of the first things I did was put an engine skid on mine. It's up overhead in the garage now. When I put the flat skid on a few years ago, it made it obsolete.
Now it has one continuous skid from the front of the rear driveshaft to the front of the engine. If you have the necessary armor, and don't drive over your head (or with ego) your rig will be fine. The problem is most people cut corners, or skip stuff altogether. And if they don't make an obstacle, they just add skinny pedal.
IMO, the real destroyer is mud and water. No armor or driving style protects your rig from it.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

You can see the skid in this pic.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OK….a skid plate……believe the rubi’s come with them….mine has a plate of some sort but not for the differentials.
Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Haha yeah. You been dancin with Mr. Brownstain.

The stock skid on the TJs also doubles as a crossmember and transmission mount. It's just awful, especially on the 2003-2006 models. The bigger transmission makes the skid hang lower than on the earlier TJs with the AX15 transmission. It is called "The Shovel", and for good reason. It scoops and hangs up on everything. Everything. It's thin, so they had to put bends in it to give it stre,and that made it even worse.
The early TJs skid plate bolts were made like lug nuts with a taper. The skid had the reverse so it located itself. The later ones only have one flat round hole. The other 5 are slotted to make up for misalignment. WTF.
The skid I installed gained 4 inches of clearance. And the skid is just a skid. There is a separate crossmember that clams around the frame that actually holds and locates the transmission. It stiffened the frame so much the Jeep actually handles better and feels more solid.
You can see the skid installed in one picture. It is the aluminum piece. In the other, it's not there, yet the transmission is fully supported. If you look, you can see the crossmember "clamshelled" around the frame at the body mount area. And see a little bit of it dip slightly below the frame in the middle. With the stock setup, you have to support the engine and transmission if you remove the skid plate.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm glad I never had to take any of my Landrovers over territory like that ...... :shock: they did however spend a lot of time off-road and I did require a helpful tow from a tractor a couple of times.. :oops:
behind-the-steering-wheel-mark-knight-image-6483441-759x500.jpg
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

It's like I got up one day and all the Series 1's just disappeared. Last one I saw was about a year ago. I was coming home from work, and an old fellow had an absolutely mint one out on the interstate. Why he did that, I can't imagine. The speed limit is 70mph, and believe me, he was nowhere near that. :D