Report on durango-onlineoutpost

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
trooper joe
Levergunner 2.0

Report on durango-onlineoutpost

Post by trooper joe »

Just changed the mag follower on my new .357 16” stainless Rossi M92. Got one in two days from durango-onlineoutpost via e-bay for $15.95. I also installed their ss safety lever plug which fits nicely with no gap under it.

This company is great to deal with and their products are first class.

Trooper Joe
Trooper Joe
trooper joe
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Report on durango-onlineoutpost

Post by trooper joe »

Here are some photos of these items.
IMG_0805.jpeg
IMG_0804.jpeg
IMG_0800.jpeg
My new Rossi SS 16” M92 would hardly load one round without the plastic mag tube follower jamming. All I did was to install the Online Outpost follower for a .357/.38 and the problem was gone. I thought I was going to have to trim the mag tube spring but it only extended out 8” past the mag tube which was within specs.

I just bought another SS Rossi 16” M92 in .44 Mag which loads very smoothly. However, I am going to install one of these followers in that one also to prevent any issues with the plastic follower.

Trooper Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trooper Joe
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Thanks for the link and pictures, Trooper Joe. Good information!
bcraig
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bcraig »

trooper joe wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:01 pm Just changed the mag follower on my new .357 16” stainless Rossi M92. Got one in two days from durango-onlineoutpost via e-bay for $15.95. I also installed their ss safety lever plug which fits nicely with no gap under it.

Trooper Joe
I looked at them and it seems as though they offer 2 different followers for the Rossi /Puma 38/357 with one of them being listed as a LONG.

Why is that and what would be the circumstances that one would choose the Long version ?
bcraig
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bcraig »

trooper joe wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:01 pm Just changed the mag follower on my new .357 16” stainless Rossi M92. Got one in two days from durango-onlineoutpost via e-bay for $15.95. I also installed their ss safety lever plug which fits nicely with no gap under it.

Trooper Joe

Trooper Joe
bcraig wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:53 am

Trooper Joe
I looked at them and it seems as though they offer 2 different followers for the Rossi /Puma 38/357 with one of them being listed as a LONG.

Why is that and what would be the circumstances that one would choose the Long version ?
I sent the company some questions
I asked what was the difference between the
‘LONG’ and the standard Mag follower ,I also asked if it was ready for use out of the box,I asked whether I could get combined shipping(ordering 1 of the 38/357 and 44/44 magnum at the same time,also asked if they were the maker of the follower.

The response I got was that they had discontinued the long version as it was causing too much confusion

I did receive a yes about combined shipping

I did not receive any response
Whether they were the maker of the shell stop or whether it was good to go out of the box

I the sent them another ebay message thanking them for their reply and reminding them that I realize how easy to forget things and that I forget things all the time and asked them (when they get the time)that I would appreciate it if they would send me a reply answering all my questions

I also told them that the discontinued LONG model was still showing as an option to buy

I have not heard back from them yet but hopefully will hear back from them within a couple of days.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Cool
Thanks for sharing
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
bcraig
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bcraig »

Well ,I never heard back from the ebay seller.