Any word on new 94's ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Billy Boy
Levergunner 1.0

Any word on new 94's ?

Post by Billy Boy »

Hey fellas! It's been a while since I've seen any movement or chatter on this subject. Anybody heard anything about Winchester's plans to ressurect this model?
BB

:wink:
You can get alot further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone!
Al Capone
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Any word on new 94's ?

Post by Andrew »

You know, I haven't heard a thing about it for some time now. Maybe the rumors were.....rumors? :o :shock: :cry:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I thought they were supposed to return in 2009. At least that's what I remember hearing.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

J Miller wrote:I thought they were supposed to return in 2009. At least that's what I remember hearing.

Joe
+1!That is what I recall,although no corporate press releases. :cry:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

Probably have to wait for the 2009 SHOT Show.
GOD SAVE THE UNITED STATES!

Original member of Leverguns.com forum

NRA Life Member

Boy, what a mess them .45's make.

When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away.
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

I haven't even herd about the model 70 and there due out this month :?
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Not from Winchester but, I started a thread on the "recreation" of the Winchester 94 30-30 - the Mosssberg 464 reported on in the current "Shooting Times". Mine was supposed to have come in last week but didn't make it. It has a 20" barrel, reported to look like and shoot like the original - with some "modernization" features and only weighs about 6 1/2#.

When mine comes in - I'll shoot it and give a report on it.

Also - last but not least, the price is well under $500 !!!

:mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Billy Boy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Billy Boy »

OJ,
I have heard less than stellar reviews of the new Mossy. I, too, got excited when I heard about that coming out.
Not so interested after what I've read thus far!
Best of luck as it sounds like you have one on order.
I will probably get one of the new '94's if they ever come out. And then, get a 1961(my birth year) 94 to complete my collection.
BB
You can get alot further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone!
Al Capone
Slick13
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick13 »

http://media.winchesterguns.com/wordpress/

"3. When is the Model 94 coming back?

Well I can’t tell you for sure.

Rest assured, as soon as we can! But that is not an official announcement of the management."

Well, with Marlin churning out guns, and Mossberg and Henry now offering .30-30 leverguns, they better get their butts in gear and get the 94 back into production. I've got my fingers crossed that they bring it back in the Model 64 configuration (24" barrel, short mag, pistol grip). Even with their stainless steel and laminate furniture, the Marlin XLRs are really starting to grow on my thanks to their Model 64 styling. I may not wait for Winchester to get their act together, and pick up a Marlin instead.

~Michael
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Billy Boy wrote:OJ,
I have heard less than stellar reviews of the new Mossy. I, too, got excited when I heard about that coming out.
Not so interested after what I've read thus far!
Best of luck as it sounds like you have one on order.
I will probably get one of the new '94's if they ever come out. And then, get a 1961(my birth year) 94 to complete my collection.
BB
I'll report as soon as I get it and shoot it. The main complaint I've heard is the sights are less than good but, I have Williams FP sights on all my other lever guns and would plan on that for the Mossberg. On another thread I started here about the Mossberg, the reports were mixed from very good to very bad but none of them came from anyone who had actually shot one.

There's a picture of it with description on the Mossberg web site.

http://www.mossberg.com/

I figured the only way i could really know would be to buy one and set it up for me sight-wise and shoot it - worth a trial for me.

:mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER