FFL stuff I didn't know (4473 abuse by govt)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

FFL stuff I didn't know (4473 abuse by govt)

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/4-pdmDByOSc

Classic camels-nose-under-tent stuff... :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: FFL stuff I didn't know (4473 abuse by govt)

Post by Blaine »

I've heard about four different variations on the new UPS rules for shipping guns. Does anyone know the correct, short version of what's going on with them. :?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

:twisted: And that's all I got to say about that!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Blaine wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:43 am I've heard about four different variations on the new UPS rules for shipping guns. Does anyone know the correct, short version of what's going on with them. :?
It seems spelled out here .. https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/shipp ... earms.page

Reading it carefully, you don't take them to a UPS Store. You have to schedule a pickup which I THINK means you have to have an account with them. I could be wrong on that but when I shipped ammo they would not take it at the store. I had to call in a pickup order and they came to my house and got it. I have a UPS account so all it required was a call-in. I did have to label the package with the hazardous materials stickers. It was only 75 pounds of ammo which ain't a lot.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I just shipped a gun UPS to get it rebarreled. They did it but I was told they were changing policies on shipping and so is fedex.
I was told that part of the problem is major thefts in larger cities by employees. A local shop here told me two of their ordered rifles were stolen coming to Wy from Salt Lake in one week.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

jkbrea wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:51 pm I just shipped a gun UPS to get it rebarreled. They did it but I was told they were changing policies on shipping and so is fedex.
I was told that part of the problem is major thefts in larger cities by employees. A local shop here told me two of their ordered rifles were stolen coming to Wy from Salt Lake in one week.
I purchased a 9mm pistol online. It was shipped to my FFL but never made it. After waiting out the UPS investigation the company sent me another one and it made it through.