This is a repost of a short peice I did about my Dad's "slip-in" bullet years ago

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

This is a repost of a short peice I did about my Dad's "slip-in" bullet years ago

Post by JimT »

https://www.leverguns.com/taylor/slipin/dad_bullets.htm

This is the bullet that his molds cast. He made them in .38/.357 .... .44 Special/.44 Magnum and .45 Colt. Because they are a "heel" bullet a shorter-than-normal cartridge had to be used. In the .38 Special the .38 Long Colt or trim the Special cases. In the .357 a .38 Special case. In the .44 Special we either trimmed the Specials or used .44 Russian cases .. in .44 Magnum the .44 Special case .. in the .45 Colt we trimmed the cases. In the .45 Colt I took all the cases that had developed case-mouth splits and trimmed those about .100" and they worked fine.
slip-in_bullet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Re: This is a repost of a short peice I did about my Dad's "slip-in" bullet years ago

Post by Bronco »

Kewl beans :mrgreen:

Bringing back the joys of reloading , to me, about the fact that there many ways to play around and get in some valuable practice time!! I have not done any reloading exploring for quite some time. Time to reacquaint myself with it.

Thanks for the great information you share !!

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
JimT
Shootist

Re: This is a repost of a short peice I did about my Dad's "slip-in" bullet years ago

Post by JimT »

Awhile back I posted some pictures of 2 pocket reloading kits my Dad made. You can access the post here -
viewtopic.php?t=80333&sid=381df2513cdf4 ... c388272b94