Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chairmen of the Politically Incorrect

Post by OldWin »

Finally! :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

CONGRATULATIONS Jay..... :D take your Buffalo coat down to Jack's and collect your prize.... :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

gamekeeper wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:06 am CONGRATULATIONS Jay..... :D take your Buffalo coat down to Jack's and collect your prize.... :mrgreen:
You betcha buddy!

I've never owned a High Wall.
Let's see.......
Maybe a 28" heavy octagon with 3x wood, vernier rear with Beaches front and a spirit level.
Caliber......caliber........
I hate to do it, but I will go with 45-70. It's boring, I know. But it's also easy. And I'm a lazy thing. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Congratulations Jay! Yes, it's been a while since you won anything and I was going to award you your choice of a High Wall or two low walls but last night I seen you have more guns than me so your not gettin' nuttin'!!!!!!

I've seen the guys at the bar who say they are broke and everyone else gets em drunk.....you showing all those Winchesters last night, plus a mess of my stuff that's out of view and I decided it's time for you to put your tongue on something metal in the dooryard and you and Pitchy can "stick" around. (Hey, you like that?).....

But, beings we are pals I will relent and send you a low wall Winder musket in 22 LONG RIFLE, which is a rare bird.pics later.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Tested a few 45-70s at the range one day. The Browning Highwall showed the greatest tendency to string shots vertically with velocity variations. I thought due to the long light barrel.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:30 pm Congratulations Jay! Yes, it's been a while since you won anything and I was going to award you your choice of a High Wall or two low walls but last night I seen you have more guns than me so your not gettin' nuttin'!!!!!!

I've seen the guys at the bar who say they are broke and everyone else gets em drunk.....you showing all those Winchesters last night, plus a mess of my stuff that's out of view and I decided it's time for you to put your tongue on something metal in the dooryard and you and Pitchy can "stick" around. (Hey, you like that?).....

But, beings we are pals I will relent and send you a low wall Winder musket in 22 LONG RIFLE, which is a rare bird.pics later.
Oh come on! That's a democrat way of thinking. :D
Just cause I have a few rifles (that I bought and paid for), I should be punished. Next, you'll want to take mine and give em to some whiner! :D
Just hackin on ya buddy. Couldn't resist. :D

Old Savage wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:35 pm Tested a few 45-70s at the range one day. The Browning Highwall showed the greatest tendency to string shots vertically with velocity variations. I thought due to the long light barrel.
If you notice, I requested a heavy barrel.
I also wouldn't rely too heavily on the Browning repro in comparison to an original. The old High Wall was fairly well regarded. But you never know with a sample of one. It's always a chance.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Ill take any hi or low wall ya don't want Jay!

Well I saw a tail and then a little doe. Didn't pull the hammer back, too small to justify the work. If it was a big fat doe...

Ooh a crimmas present came form the north pole ( in MO) some .50 & .310 round balls, some Hornady Bore Driver bullets, some Black Belt bullets too! Haven't tried the Hornady yet but I've been very pleased with the black belts.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I ain't Givin no Winchester single shots away. Ain't gonna! I've never had one. Now my buddy Six thinks I dont deserve it. Well.... a Winder I guess....which I will take. Had a buddy with one. It was nice.

Ain't it fun gettin shootin stuff in the mail?

I got my Bianchi holster for my Detective Special yesterday.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Whoa...whoa...whoa...we don't talk Brownings here...NOTHING has the soul that a Winchester has. Now, on to stating a fact, not bragging, as little people like us are allowed to talk about their acquisitions......after all, do you think that Jay Leno is "being nice" or bragging on his Jay Leno's Garage thingy.

On to business..the only difference between a Low Wall and a High Wall is the shorter area where the bullet goes in. Parts are all interchangeable

Low wall Winder Musket BUT in .22 L.R....this gun was a left over receiver after the military cancelled their order and Winchester never threw away stuff......they put these guns together and knew they would only sell if they were in Long Rifle as the military version was made in .22 Short. This gun was put together in 1928! MINT BORE and target accurate.

If you want a big boy, in 40-82 with special order set trigger and Schutzen buttplate with cheek holder...built in '93.....has the blocks for the long scope.

But if your likes are small centerfire, there's always the special order 32-20 with half round/half oct barrel. All collections should be "rounded out" to have a sample of each..rimfire, centerfire, big bore, l

Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You know Six, I have never seen any of the guns you like for sale out here in the Winchester variety. Or Marlins that had ANY reasonable price.

OW noted you did say heavy.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The Hi/Low walls are fantastic, I've always liked them and since you have all 4 varieties, can I have them? Jay doesn't want em but I DO. Besides its Christmas and I dont get no presents but some coal...😥
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:55 pm The Hi/Low walls are fantastic, I've always liked them and since you have all 4 varieties, can I have them? Jay doesn't want em but I DO. Besides its Christmas and I dont get no presents but some coal...😥
JAY DON'T WANT EM!?

Where you gettin that from? Go back and read my posts brother Gunny. :D
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My local toy shop has a Winder Musket that he got for free... it came with the action in pieces and he hasn't bothered to fix it or offer it for sale... :roll: I think it's .22 but he has had so long I can't remember, he didn't know what it was until I told him.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred......you usually don't see fine guns in a gunshop or a ten cent gunshow......auctions and word of mouth.

You know how people say, "oh yea! If your looking for this or that go to __________....everyone goes there"

With fine guns I da man the person people come to see. They know not to bring junk or foreign made guns. When fine guns come into a gunshop, I'm the guy who gets the phone call, "yo, get over here..I don't know what this is." AND the reason why I continue to get those calls is because I don't F anyone over. If a gun came in and it was exceptional I'll tell the guy, "THATS MINE and he will continue to get free information.

Now that I'm officially a recluse, the phone calls have dwindled to almost nothing....what's that word smart people use???....Rednecks call it a "favor returned" or "your scratch my back and I'll scratch yours."

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yup. Most of mine came into my buddies shop. He knew what I liked, and I did things for him over the years. I was also there a LOT.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Yeah sure you want them but you have won more pages- only fair I get em ( especially in this day & age of whiney gimme spoiled brats)
Ok fine, we'll split em , we each get 2. :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Jack. I am really only interested in shooters whatever they are … ;-) like my fine Rossis or even Colts, Winchesters, Savages or Rugers. So that is one less guy that wants what you want. I like to see your good collectibles but would likely never pay the price for one. I guess that is with the exception of my EG 250. But I only have $20 in that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred....lets be straightforward here........a person who buys a fine desirable antique rifle is never SPENDING money...he is INVESTING it. For a time in the late eighties to around 2010 prices were climbing at the rate of 5-20%. The nicer and more desirable the gun, the higher the percentage. Even if you pay top dollar for a fine Winchester or Colt, it's still a great investment, especially if your young.

You see that 38-55 half mag 94 that Jay paid $300 for? Here, that gun would sell for $2500-$3500.

I used to buy 1886's for 4-800 and now you can add a zero on the end....NO way inflation brought them up that much.

Jay bought a Ruger from me for 6 of which I had about 4 into it after buyers premium, tax, transfers....he could instantly get 12 for it.

Better than any 401K plan and the Feds don't know nothing so there's no taxes.....THATS why the Feds want registration....money.

You know yourself what 3rd. Gen Colt single actions have done. The first gens have tripled in the last 15 years...

Now, on to real business......how many of you guys besides Jay and Gunny can do this? I'm almost 68.

Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

So don't be cheap Fred.......if there's a nice gun you've always wanted, buy it....(I'll give you a great price. :D )

It's "lifestyle". Leave out the women and the average guy can be a millionaire......with a lifestyle like yours, big bucks need to be rolling in..figure, gold plated golf carts, Bentleys, $2,000 suits, always on the golf course drinking fancy stuff while me and Jay drink water or cheap beer or like Gunny, cheap whiskey..he likes Old Crow, $3.99 a 1.75 liter? Even GK burns wood so he has money for the soft stuff.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm 73 but this how I roll...but I was only 72 when I took the photo... :lol: the rest had already been stacked.
IMG_20200516_152533.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Something satisfying about cutting up a pile of logs. I enjoy cutting, splitting not as much. Stacking really gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Like they say, firewood warms you many times before it catches fire. You cut it, split it, stack it, bring it in then burn it.

I gotta look for that!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Sixer, I have some minor investment in guns. Women have always been a financial plus in my life. By your system I am 75. Dockers and Jacques C Penney shirts to the office. Same for the golf course except the Dockers are frayed some with patches and holes. Now golf clubs … that is an expense. Beer at the course, the cheapest they have.

GK, this is how I roll. Fumes which some of you love derived from some organic material eons ago ;-)

Totally dependent on others and the world around me to deliver what I want and need. Never wanted to be independent, out of step there with you fellows.

Tell Mom I bought a carbon steel roasting pan to do the rib roast tomorrow. In my world everyone getting along to grease the machinery is the way it goes. Jeep will turn 80,000 very soon financed by two blondes from the office at no interest until I could reimburse them.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred...your missing the point.........you can afford to be dependent on the system...I can't......well, I can but there won't be much left over for play......I live pretty much like the 1950's....still need gas and insurance and a few other things but I like to keep it simple. There's no way I could ever afford to move into this area...starter houses, if there's any of them, start at a half mil....2acre limits to keep out the riff-raff...virtually no commercialization except a hair salon and an antique store owned and run by Bam's (Jack Asz ) mom and dad who live across from the post office which is 1/8 of a mile down the road.......I see em all the time..really cool people.....ain't seen his dad in a while....

But then I hear that in California a bungalow on a 20x40' lot costs a mil. That's why YOU are da man...golfing with Hef's friends, Tiger Woods monogrammed golf clubs, putting the bones together from famous people all the while doing things like, "excuse me Miss, please undress and sit on the table so I can get that nasty splinter out of your finger....

Merry Christmas compadres.......

And I forgot.....MOM IS ALSO COOKING A PRIME RIB FOR TOMORROW....she's on the phone now with Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri's teacher.......her sister, discussing real food.....think I'll smoke a joint to get a big appetite but I don't know anyone anymore to get some.....----006

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Not missing any point or telling anyone else what the best way for them to go is, just joining in expressing my way of going about it.

Here is the pumpkin pie.

An accountant gave a seminar years ago in which he said how you manage what you get is more important than what you get.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

The kids are over tonight for Christmas eve Chinese takeout and beer. Only four dogs here tonight.
Tomorrow, everyone comes (except the Alaska kids.....sucks) over for the wife's insane seafood chowder, make your own Sammiches and a Yankee swap.
We don't get too crazy or spend much money on Christmas. It's about getting the gang together. No better Christmas can be had.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I agree Jay AND Fred.....party time with the family and the dogs....good for you...my party is with 2 cats and 2 dogs and Mom......miss my folks...seems everyone is dead or moved away. My daughter is going upstate with s. bag for his family.....this guy is a 100% D. ....capitalized.

Yes Fred....it's not how much you make but how you manage what you have.......and it ain't rocket science......

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That 1899 is one I could be interested in.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Six I guess I should let you in on some “high end” and out to sea experiences. ;-)

Had the opportunity to fly a glider and an aerobatic air plane with a couple F 16 test pilots. Gliders are loud and I fell off to the side trying to do a loop. We landed on the dry lake bed where you may have seen the Space Shuttle land.

The sail boat is an America’s Cup yacht the Abracadabra. Had the opportunity to take the helm for 20 minutes. A sub passed us in San Diego Bay. Its protector came over to prevent us from ramming I guess. The mast is 110 ft. Look at the guy on the deck.

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Carmello is here with his Santa Suit.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Cool pics OS.

Not a lot of that stuff in my neck of the woods.
You've already seen my chainsaw pics. :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred...you are da man! You know well connected people in high places. I know drunks, ex drug addicts, gunshop owners and Jay . (He's from Maine and has the same kind of friends as me.) also know a drunk in Jersey who has a lot of dogs and an esteemed esquire in Great Briton who works out everyday splitting wood with a tomahawk.

Ya know Fred..you really don't fit in with us...your like "way ahead of us peons" . But because we like you we will make an exception. Just talk our language......a butchered English with words that rarely have more than 2 or 3 syllables.

I was in a little plane only one time..a sea plane on a moose hunt in Quebec......that's all I did for a week was drink and smoke weed.....yea, a little canoeing looking for moose with the mighty 33 Win. I snuck an ounce of weed across the border in a soda can and had the guy on the filling machine at work to seal the cap on it...then put it in the cooler....me stupid, light can that rattles..but I was only 22.

Why is the glider loud? There's no engine. Were there beer cans rattling around like they do in the back of Jays pick up truck?

Yes Jay....the lady who walked off the trail. Must have been a terrifying death being lost and dying slowly from exposure. Amazing how no one saw her for a couple of years.

Never saw a sail that high but I know little about boats. Is that you standing on the deck? Looks like your holding a beer.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Good Christmas morning my brothers! GK is already half through his day, six more hous before Jack gets out of bed, Jay is probably on his way to bed, I still wonder at times when Fred sleeps?

Well I don't see a puppy under the tree( as usual) oh wait what's that? Ah just a pile of dog hair :lol:

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Bah- Humbug! It's foggy, rain for today. At least Jayland is having a white Christmas!

Well fellers, I hope you all have a good day today!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Gunny, late morning here already walked the dog and had my bacon and eggs.

Just had my first tot of Woodford Reserve haven't opened any presents yet but not expecting anything that goes bang other than a Christmas cracker... :lol:

Rain here and very grey and mild.

Wishing all you Colonial gentlemen and Fred 🏌️ a Merry Christmas and a happy new year full of Winchesters, Colts and other fine firearms..... 🎄
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Love the soda can story, Six!
That took some MAJOR nads.

I didn't work last night, Gunny. I will be up today. :D

Yup. Supposed to snow a little today. It's warmed up to 16 degrees this morning. Don't hit that Woodford too hard GK! :D

I want to wish a Merry Christmas to all my outlaw buddies here on the PI thread. You guys are a great bunch.
Hope you all have a great day!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

4:40, up and made the coffee.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Pie for breakfast- good plan!

I dont eat in the morning, even as a kid. I dont get hungry until about 11am. Just 2 meals a day for me. However ill eat breakfast any time of day, my most preferred is pancakes & eggs. Over easy of course on top of my hot cakes. With good dooryard syrup- er I mean maple syrup!

Merry Christmas ya'll
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Merry Christmas to all of you Chairmen, hope it’s a great time with your family and friends.
We do have a white Christmas and it’s 0* this morning so making ice.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Merry Christmas Harry!

Just finished watching The SeaBees.
Whats Christmas without The Duke ?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thank you Harry! Same to you.

It is white here too. Was zero here the last couple days too. It's a balmy 16 now. I walked up our beaver pond and stream quite a ways a couple weeks ago. Ice is coming nicely. Hopefully we can pit the shack up to the lake soon.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks Harry, I'd swap your weather for the miserable rain here..☔ hope you have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year... :D
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Merry Christmas fellow dudes.......wow! Zero in Montana....16 in Maine......you keep it....I'll take our 56 degrees right now....

I'm prone to depression during the winter and the colder it is the more I think about substance abuse....several months ago my doc told me I'm the healthiest senior citizen he has so I want to keep it that way.......sometimes the thought of a half glass of quality bourbon gets overwhelming so I'll go outside and chop some wood.....or something....

That's why some people move to Florida or Arizona when they retire....to me that's out of the fire and into the frying pan......I hate lazy people who prey upon the contributors of this great nation...too many freeloaders there and especially in L.A, Denver, Portland.......

I'm with Master Gunny.....TWO meals a day.....I have to be up for several hours before eating.

Nice pictures too but I can feel the cold looking at Harry's pic.

Fred.....your wife keeps a much neater house than you do an office.....we keep things here like Fred's office....."decently neat"...if you look at people who keep their houses "hospital clean", well, that's all they do is clean...I'd rather play.

On to pictures......I saw this guy on an old western.....one baaaaddd looking hombre.......believe it's Clint Eastwood early in his career.....

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Look at the guys left hand...(right, the way we see it).....still in a circle......must have just gotten out of bed...-0

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

We have separate areas we “maintain”. :?

New roasting pan going to get a work out today. And that will be the only workout today.

harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

Fix’n to get cooler:
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm probably less than 30 minutes from a perfectly cooked prime rib. At 145°, looking for 160, or medium.

The jaw line kinda looks like Clint but its tough to say for sure.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Cold like that is a rude awakening but anything from zero to about -20 is about the same, bundle up & move fast! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ha!
Let's see.....
I was 17 in that picture, and as I recall, I didn't need my hand in them days. :D
That was taken during February vacation at my buddies hunting camp in Kingsbury. His grandfather built it just after WW2. It still stands.
I was packing a Ruger Blackhawk in. 41 Magnum. If you look close, you can see my grandfather's old High Standard model B reversed on my left side. I have posted pics of the High Srandard here before. When I did the post on my grandfather's warden days in the Allagash.

Nice pics OS. We have the same dish set as that cookie jar.

Hey Harry,
Cold is funny ain't it? Some days 15 degrees can feel colder than 20 below. You put moisture or a wind on it, and the thermometer means nothing.
Usually, by the time the end of December rolls around, you're all acclimated and don't really notice it much.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Fred,
I'd like to marry one of your daughters.....do they like old white guys? Then you would be my father-in-law and we could get to go golfing all the time!

Hey, that 1899 Savage I have on my signature line? It's not your everyday Savage in 30-30.
First..... it was made in 1911, not 1910 as I previously thought.....
Second.....it's the pre ww1 era..MUCH more valuable as later guns...just like the Winchesters, Colts, and Marlin....
Third.....very desirable cartridge....there's millions of 303's out there.
Fourth....it's rare to find a pre WW 1 gun with any "condition"....they were tools then....this gun is an honest 97% er...perfect bore.
I'd be amazed if its had more than a couple of ammo ever fired out of it...
Fifth......and the most desirable variation from this era as not many were made...it's a SHORT RIFLE.....people in those days either
Bought a carbine or a longer barreled rifle....not many short rifles out there...same as the Winchesters....
Sixth......combine all of the above together and you have a rifle that is one of ten thousand.
Seventh...It's MINE!
Eighth.....It could be YOURS!

10000000% original...I have the original rear barrel sight in my storage and I added the original receiver sight utilizing the factory holes.....I was going to start shooting this some years back until I saw how rare it was....I've never shot it...

Look at all that blue on the cartridge thingy...only a small line.....

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Jay...that's you??!!! I thought it was Clint Eastwood....funny how you have the hostler pointed.....or is it a holster???---00