Longshot and 357 mag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Longshot and 357 mag

Post by wvfarrier »

I was researching load data for the 125 grain projectiles in 357 mag and 38 spl +p. Anyway, my go to powder for 38 is unique and H110 for the magnum. However, looking at longshot shows some rather impressive numbers as well.

Has anyone run Longshot in the 357 magnum?

I tried 6.2 grains of it in some 38 spl +p loads today and was amazed to get an average of 979fps out of a 3" barrel. The accuracy was on par with any of my other loads, recoil was quite a bit less than any magnum loads but a bit more than my typical 38 +p loads. It was also quite a bit cleaner than unique.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Longshot and 357 mag

Post by Oldncrusty »

Hmmm. I was looking for some testimony too. Glad to here it's great for .38. I grabbed 2 or 3 lbs this summer.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

I wish i could find some! the last great powder shortage i bought 2 lbs of Longshot & used it in some 357
45 colt & 454 revolvers. I sure liked it, but untill i find some i have plenty of other powder to burn up

Brad
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Locally its one of the few that always seems to be in stock
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus