GAMEKEEPER O/U double trigger question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

GAMEKEEPER O/U double trigger question

Post by 3leggedturtle »

How much on average does the double trigger version of an Investarms O/U add to its value? Does it make it twice as spendy or only 10-25%? Roughly speaking....! Found a 20 gauge with them. Its nice and I really like how they fit and feel. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: GAMEKEEPER O/U double trigger question

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations for finding one.. :mrgreen:
I once contacted Investarms about buying just the triggers to convert my single trigger o/u. The price they quoted was about half what the gun cost. Over here nobody imports Investarms with double triggers even though they are readily available from Italy.
Personally I would be happy to pay a lot more for one with proper triggers but it seems the current fashion is for single triggers even if they are non selective :roll: .
I have had two investarm o/u both were fine inexpensive guns but the non selective single trigger really let them down. Being an inexpensive gun if they put a selective single trigger on it the reliability would most likely suffer.
I like the guns so much I even considered buying one of their combination gauge guns 20/.410 just to get double triggers but they too are very hard to find in the UK.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Yeah I found one but, its gonna be a fun bargaining cause he knows I like it.of course nobody wants fixed choked anymore that is only 2 3/4" chambered. Plus I have no patience for the haggling process. Thanks for the info.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Over here you can pick up Investarm 20 gauge O/U with 3" chamber for $100 to $250 but all with darn single triggers.. :( they are popular here and good value for a knockabout gun.
fucile-sovrapposto-100l-chiuso.jpg
Click to enlarge image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

If I wanted a single trigger, I'd get a single shot :P :lol:

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Me too.. :lol:
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Gonna be almost $500, I passed. Maybe if it had been 28 gauge. Oh well search and looking gies on....!

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Over here you can get a brand new Investarm 28 gauge for $538.00 S/T of course but if you can find a US dealer they can order them with proper triggers... :wink: