Outdoor Life Article

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Outdoor Life Article

Post by Bridger »

There’s several inaccuracies in this article I believe, but can anybody shed light on Remington and Winchester being owned by the same company at one time? The author claims that under the section about the Savage 99....but I ain’t buying that one just yet. Did he just make that up or what?
https://www.outdoorlife.com/top-10-leve ... best-guns/
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: Outdoor Life Article

Post by Pisgah »

Financial hard times are nothing new for Remington. In 1888 the company was bought out of receivership by a partnership between Hartley & Graham, a major NY firearms dealer and importer, and Winchester. Thus, Winchester owned half of Remington until 1896 when the arrangement ended. Rumor and speculation say this accounts for Wincheser's introduction of numerous revolutionary and highly-successful designs during this era, and Remington's comparative lack of same.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Outdoor Life Article

Post by Bridger »

Well I’ll be. Learn something everyday.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill