More J Frame stuff.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

More J Frame stuff.

Post by 2ndovc »

I installed a new Wilson Combat spring kit in the 442 on Sunday. Had a little time to try it out this morning.
The difference in trigger pull was obvious but I don't know exactly how much. I've been meaning to buy a trigger pull gage, but it seems as though I forget about it until I have a use for one.

Distance was ten paces again and the same older box of Remington 158 gr LRN that I was shooting last time. Other than a couple a fliers, the group is much tighter than the last time.
The middle target was Frankford Arsenal 67 dated surplus 130 gr FMJs that my uncle had also given me. He is a collector more than a shooter and he gave me several large wooden boxes of bullets, brass and some molds that were my grandfather's last year.
The 130s didn't group very well, but they all went bang.
The M&P spends most of the time in my truck and I wanted to run a couple of magazines of 147 gr, FMJFPs through it. That was a two handed hold at 20 yds. Too easy.
There's four holes in the IDPA target in the "head/neck" area. I'd backed up to 25 yds with the 442 and the Remington ammo to see if I could squeeze off a head shot at that distance. The fifth round was off the cardboard by about an inch and a half.
I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do with some 125 gr. JHPs next time out. I though they were in my bag, but I'd left them on my bench.

Some days ya just got to go out and make some noise. :D
It's been a busy week and I needed a break this morning.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: More J Frame stuff.

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Center mass will save your ........ I like shoot shooting 38 snubbies more than anything lately. Tho Im back too using hbwc's for my plinking and everday use loads.
Ive wanting to try some heavier bullets in 9mm but never seem to get around to it. M$P''s must be great guns cause no one ever trades them in or wants to sell them.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It's doing exactly what it was made for. It's nice to be able to hit tin cans way out there, but shredding some thug's chest at 10-ish feet is the task at hand.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Blaine wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:14 pm It's doing exactly what it was made for. It's nice to be able to hit tin cans way out there, but shredding some thug's chest at 10-ish feet is the task at hand.
True, but it doesn't hurt to know where it's going to hit beyond that ten feet. :D

jb 8)

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

2ndovc wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:59 pm
Blaine wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:14 pm It's doing exactly what it was made for. It's nice to be able to hit tin cans way out there, but shredding some thug's chest at 10-ish feet is the task at hand.
True, but it doesn't hurt to know where it's going to hit beyond that ten feet. :D

jb 8)
😝😝 overachiever
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

In my large hands, a 442 is a 10’ handgun, but a friend was a very good shot with mine. Technique and a better hand fit was it. I suspect I’ll own a J again some day.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Looked like fun, now ya know. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Blaine wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:04 pm
2ndovc wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:59 pm

jb 8)
😝😝 overachiever
Ha! Sometimes. :D
However, making that same shot in a stress/ adrenalin filled situation is another story. :shock:

jb 8)

Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

A J frame can be surprisingly accurate. But what it is best for is up close where most of the action happens.