USA Today Gun Poll

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Yance
Levergunner 2.0

USA Today Gun Poll

Post by Yance »

Looks like a FEW folks have some sense.

http://tinyurl.com/2mngbj
Yance

There's a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".

outawaysforge.wordpress.com

"Gun control" isn't about guns, it's about "control".
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Thanks for the heads up Yance. Suprising results! :)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The writing on this is so clear it is just a test if you are ignorant, dishonest or stupid. Let's see what the supreme court justicies say.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

I voted!!!!!!!! But, I am surprized at the results, but the message is definitely not getting to the lawmakers!!!!!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

Marlin .35 wrote:I voted!!!!!!!! But, I am surprized at the results, but the message is definitely not getting to the lawmakers!!!!!!! Art
It is - it's just that lawmakers comprise most of the 2% that said "no".
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

I'm pleasently surprised by the results.
Usally its a lot closer.
Now if they would just vote the same way.............
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Voting must be closed now. 97% of the people got the right answer - out of 733,151 votes cast! That is fantastic - there is hope for us all yet!!! :D

Still, 2% said "no" - and that translates to 14,663 illiterate socalists out there!!! :evil:
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

Nothing gives me the right . The 2nd assures that I have this right already . MUTT
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I like to see those #s on the polls. However ask that same question during a senate or congressional session and the numbers are far different.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Mutt wrote:Nothing gives me the right . The 2nd assures that I have this right already . MUTT
Mutt, you are, of course, 100% correct. I was trying to explain the difference between America and many other "free" countries to my son, and this was the major difference I elaborated upon. In the USA, people are born with inherent rights, that are their's just for being born, and can not be stripped by the state without due process of law (in theory, anyway). Our laws for the most part acknowledge these inherent rights, and adjucate disputes when individuals pursing their rights come into conflict. Many other "free" countries believe that rights come from the state. If this is the case, anything the state gives it can take away...

Still, it is encouraging to see the poll results. I doubt many of the "no's" took that position based on the inherent rights argument...