Marbles Tang Sight Questions

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
levers
Levergunner 2.0

Marbles Tang Sight Questions

Post by levers »

A while back I got an old Win 1894 with a tang sight on it. I don't care much for shooting with the tang sight so I took it off. I don't think it is an old sight. The gun was made 1908 but I think this sight is much newer; maybe even recent production. I don't know how to tell. Part of the sight looks older and part looks newer.

The base is marked "MARBLE" GLADSTONE, MICH

I don't see any other markings. If someone knows more about it, please let me know. I think I'll sell or swap it but before I offer it, I thought I'd better figure out what I've got and make sure it's working properly.

I don't know how to post a photo but I can email a photo to anyone who knows about these, email me at BRADLEYMANOR@HOTMAIL.COM.

Appreciate any help.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Did it look like this?

levers
Levergunner 2.0

Post by levers »

No, it pretty much looks like the one at this link but it does not have the patent date or W1 mark.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-NICE-MARBLES-W ... dZViewItem
Sgt443
Levergunner

Post by Sgt443 »

Levers, it just so happens that I need a tang sight for my 1903 vintage takedown.

Should you decide to part with it give me a holler and we'll see if it will fit.

Lonnie
If I am a student of the Human Condition does that make everyone I meet a lab rat?