OT - The 5mm Rem Mag is BACK

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

OT - The 5mm Rem Mag is BACK

Post by jdad »

For those that have to have a reason, for another old classic, Taurus is making a Tracker and CZ is making a 452.

30gr bullet at 2300fps. :shock:

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/ammunitio ... .html#cont
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I love my 592 but I stopped shooting it about 5 years ago. I just recently realized that Aguila is making 5mm again and I picked up a few boxes at the recent Orlando gun show. Can't wait to take it out again. That 452 is a nice rifle and I will probably need one in 5mm.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

GREAT!!!!!!!! That cartridge should never have been discontinued!!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

If they don't get the price of the ammo down, it's going away again right quick. That Centurion (?) ammo is priced at $20+ a box. :shock:

At least the industry is helping this time with press and new guns. I guess the success of the 17's helped convince them. Last time they "brought back" the 5mm, about 10 years ago when Aguila made ammo, but nobody knew so it didn't sell. :( (Aguila basically told me "it's dead, forget about it, it's never coming back." Glad they changed their mind. :D )
Slow is just slow.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Rumor has it that Savage, Remington and Marlin will have bolt guns coming out in 2009, CCI and Remington are going to produce ammo (prices will drop), and there is an industry marketing push behind the introduction also.

Of course, until it actually happens it's just wishful thinking and speculation.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Sweet read quite a bit about the round. Glad it is making a come back
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis