-

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

-

Post by Mich Hunter »

-
Last edited by Mich Hunter on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I just had a priority mail package take 28 days to get to me so late delivery is not out of the question. However, the website shows delivery. Here's what you do. You tell the recipient this.

-1 package is lost so you will be filing a claim
-2 he will have to sign a statement that he never received the package (if he did the Postal Inspectors will have him for lunch)
-3 ONLY after you are paid by the USPS will you refund his money.

I had one such problem and made it clear that I probably wouldn't be paid as they showed the package HAD been delivered AND that if HE lied about receiving the package, he'd likely get 10 years and $10,000 fine. SUDDENLY, like the Rose Law Firm billing records, the package was found in his daughter's bed room. Amazing how that works.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
DennisB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DennisB »

What Hobie said. I think it's 30 days before you can do anything with the insurance so you're about there.

I usually get signature conformation in addition to insurance.

Dennis.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Dennis is right, 30 days before you can file a claim.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

From working with the Postal Service for nine years this is what I would do.
Check with your local postmaster and see if they have any particular advice. If your postmaster doesn't have any objections I would also call the office where it was delivered from. Depending on the office and the attitude of the people there you might be able to talk to the actual carrier that delivered the package. Always be polite and make sure they understand that you are just trying to make their job easier BEFORE the Postal Inspectors get involved. Sometimes a carrier will remember, OH yea, a little skinny guy that hadn't shaved in three days with a greasy T-shirt signed for that package. Sometimes there's something that sticks in their memory. In which case you can then tell the person who got the package EXACTLY what the carrier remembers about the delivery and then tell them the penalty for attempting to defraud the U.S. Postal Service.
Basically all you are doing by making the phone calls is reinforcing your position but it may shorten your waiting time in the long run.
You should also know that carriers usually come to work in the early morning. Your first call to the delivering office might best be made around 8:05 AM to have the best chance of catching the carrier in right off.
Just remember that when you talk with the carrier they don't HAVE to talk to you, they are doing so out of the goodnes of their heart.

Rusty <><

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

A lot of postmen will leave a package on a porch or somewhere else outside & scan it in as delivered. The way to be sure is to pay for "signature confirmation" instead of the much cheaper "delivery confirmation" when you send an insured parcel.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Twice, I have come home from being out and found guns laying on my front porch. The local Postmaster heard some serious complaining from me. If a signature is not required by the sender they will just leave it in the open, subject to theft by any passer-by.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

He needs to get his butt to the post office and see if it's down there. In 5 (?) years now of shipping cylinders I ran into "problems' only 3 times. Every time it's been the same. the package was waiting at the post office for them to pick it up, but no notice of this was ever left, so they had no idea.

I too have had "priority mail" take a week and a half, to two. :roll:
Slow is just slow.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've NEVER had problems with guns or any insured Priority packages from USPS. They always hold packages at the local station, if I'm not home, and always leave me a yellow slip stating so, and when I can pick it up.
My delivery person will leave uninsured regular mail, but never insured priority mail packages.
You can request a search anytime after the Post Office has delivered it, and has confirmation of delivery. You'll have to wait to do the insurance claim, but not to do a search.