OT - RL Wilson

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - RL Wilson

Post by Ysabel Kid »

This is OT, though I did very much enjoy his book on "Winchesters", which included a ton of beautiful levergun photos! When I was walking around the NRA show Friday (05/16) I saw RL Wilson at the "Blue Book" booth (along with SP Fjestad). IIRC, didn't RL Wilson recently do a little "hard time" for fraud concerning firearms valuation? I seem to remember reading that here, but can't recall the details.

He looked just like he does on TV. Fraud or not, his books are fantastic!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I had read/heard that there were more charges pending. Don't know if that is true and I'm too lazy this morning to do a search.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

R.L. Wilson did do some time for major fraud involving the sale of some valuable guns. If he's out of the slammer and sitting behind a table, that's something to note.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

I'm surprised that he has the effrontery to show his face...
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

I did a quick look up on Wilson. The sites kept coming up with Zomber and Ellis. Was Wilson working with these two, or a different fraud? Their fraud is quite interesting.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Looks like some pretty shady stuff.

http://www.forbes.com/free_forbes/2006/1225/112.html
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I never met the man. I do have a few of his fine books. I read a lot of his problems. It is a given that people lost a lot of money by trusting him!
My opinions may or may not be fair, based on only what I have read.
I belive him to be a phony, with a intimateding demeaner as he conned himself in to being the grand master pujab authority and had the charisma to pull it off. Not too many innocent people go to jail!
Sounds like he tried to keep up a phony lifestyle that he didnt earn. Its a shame as he certainly had talent. Life is like that, people start to belive their own hype. The white gloves, roadster cap, english tweeds, I guess he thought it okay to cheat the probable multi millionairs.
northwoods
Levergunner 1.0

Post by northwoods »

I read something a few days ago that some of the charges were dropped and they may all have been. Did not read throughly or remember all of what I read.
Bob
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Signs of the Times.

II Timothy 3:1-5

Don't be naive. There are difficult times ahead. As the end approaches, people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse, dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical, treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God. They'll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they're animals. Stay clear of these people
. The Message

Personally .. I am concerned that I have none of those characteristics ...
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

And speaking of Bill Clinton.......
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Kansas Ed wrote:And speaking of Bill Clinton.......
:D :D :D

I am 100% sure it was him. Even if I hadn't recognized him, I was close enough to easily read his name badge. I'm just surprised he was there - and that Fjestad would want to be seen with him!
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

And what is worse, Bill Clinton or the millions of people who worship the worthless bastard?

In 1996, he ran for re-election against a decorated war hero who gave his arm for his country, and the vote wasn't even close.

Jim is dead-nuts on with that message. As a nation, we are a corrupt bunch of selfish jerks. I am very thankful for the good that still lives in some folks. It makes it much easier to tolerate the arrogant idiots.
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Jeff Quinn wrote:
And what is worse, Bill Clinton or the millions of people who worship the worthless bastard?

In 1996, he ran for re-election against a decorated war hero who gave his arm for his country, and the vote wasn't even close.

Jim is dead-nuts on with that message. As a nation, we are a corrupt bunch of selfish jerks. I am very thankful for the good that still lives in some folks. It makes it much easier to tolerate the arrogant idiots.
Jeff - stop pulling your punches and tell us how you really feel! :wink:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

And there's another of the same ilk who's one of the front runners this election.

As for R.L.; no comment.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

Back about 1986 or' 87 I talked to the man by phone concerning buying a new Colt SAA . He was very friendly and helpful . Said he mostly didn't deal in new'er Colts but gave me a name in Houston of a retail outlet that had just what I was looking for. Even the price was fair back then. We talked about an hour or so . And gave me several names that I could talk with. He allowed me some very good info that at the time I had never heard . Hated that he got him self into into such a mess. ...................................
Mutt